Transfer 1 Week 6‏


 
G'day!

I love saying that here! Everyone loves it, hahaha.
Though I get "what part of the UK are you from?" most of the time here, I've learned to just say "guess again" haha.
People always ask me about kangaroos and koala "bears", it's pretty funny.

But! This week was awesome, so let's jump right into it!

Best Testimony Meeting of My Life: This week Elder Quintin L. Cook came to our Fast and Testimony meeting! Yep, you heard me right. Elder Quintin L. Cook! I even got to give my testimony and my testimony was the LAST one that he and his family listened to before he had to go. He was smiling at me the whole time and it was hard to look away from him and look at the rest of the people in the Chapel, but it was incredible. Our sacrament meetings are full of sisters and the Senior Couples, such a strong and powerful spirit in that room! Plus we are in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, so if you can check out the chapel, and that's where I have sacrament every week. Just you know, the most beautiful chapel I've ever seen in my life!

Meeting an Inspiration: As most of you know I love the social world of the internet, and one of those things is blogs! One of my favourite Bloggers/YouTubers of all time is Al Carraway (Fox), guess who I met just randomly walking to my apartment to get dinner, yep, Al Carraway! Yep, The Tattooed Mormon! Not going to lie, I freaked out and went to talk to her and her husband, she is so sweet! We talked for a bit and she complimentd my earings and said I was so cute and SHE gave ME a hug! It was so awesome, she is such of an inspiration! I quoted her in my farewell talk even! haha! I was so nervous and just freaking out, I probably looked crazy! Even though Sister Magidson reassured me that I didn't, Sister Magidson didn't even have an idea who she was or why I was freaking out! haha, wow... So crazy awesome! The people we meet here on the Square! (in this case, off the Square, but you get what I mean)

Feeling Famous: This little girl, her name was Kira, came up and was talking to Sister Magidson and I and just randomly she says " I think we have to take a picture!" and it was like what? That was random! haha, but we got down on our knees and we stood each side of her and she had the biggest smile on her face! It was the cutest thing in the world! She was loving every second of it! I think we just planted a little missionary seed, so beautiful!

My First Baptism Date: I have my first investigator with a baptism date!!! We called Jennifer and talked about church and the missionaries in her local area and everything and we put her on date for the 17th of May, we get to call her tomorrow and I'm so excited! She is so wonderful and such a beautiful daughter of Heavenly Father! We promised we would text her a "scripture of the day" everyday and then this Friday she sent us one! She was like "This one is for you ladies! 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected aend. 12 Then shall ye acall upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will bhearken unto you. 13 And ye shall aseek me, and find me, when ye shall bsearch for me with all your cheart. Jeremiah 29:11". It was the sweetest thing ever! It made our day! She is so wonderful, I can't wait to meet her one day and just give her the biggest hug! Sometimes I just wish I could jump through the phone and hug her!

Lion House: I got to go to the Lion House this week as a celebration of me passing off (which I mentioned last week) and it was some good eating! We had a great night and everyone was telling me how amazing the rolls and butter was, I didn't think it would be that good... but it was, it was THAT GOOD! Best rolls and butter I've ever had. It is part of the Beehive House and it's honey butter and the rolls are just amazing... Nothing crazy awesome happened, but it was good food.

My testimony has grown on a lot of things this week, but mainly, The Book of Mormon in missionary work and what it means to be a successful missionary. This week I really thought about all the sacrifice that went into having the Book of Mormon today, and I don't just mean Joseph Smith, but everything that Moroni, Nephi, Abinadi, Alma, Helaman, all of them went through so that we could have the Book of Mormon as it is today! I gained a testimony of how The Book of Mormon with the Spirit is the greatest tool of conversion! It is the sickle we harvest the white fields with (D&C 4). In Preach My Gospel it said to study Mormon 8, Moroni 1 and 10 and it gave me such a greater perspective! It is so important that we use the Book of Mormon in our daily lives, reading it, teaching from it, everything. It is the most correct book on the earth! It is a blessing to have the Book of Mormon today. It answers questions of the souls, it gives comfort, it is a source to receive revelation, everything! Everything comes down to if the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I can say very boldly and lovingly that it is! It is the word of God, there is no other thing it could be. While typing this I realized most (if not all) my emails have had a testimony of the Book of Mormon in it, and that it is because it is so important! I read the last 2 paragraphs of the introduction with people so many times a day, and it is so true! Through faithful and sincere prayer to Heavenly Father in Christ name, we can come to know for ourselves that it is God's word. We can come to know that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of God, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lords Kingdom once again established on the earth today.
To be a successful missionary doesn't mean you have a heap of investigators, or baptisms, people on date, people picking up phones... That stuff is important! Don't get me wrong, but sometimes we don't have that as missionaries, we have good times and bad times (Here I am talking like I'm in my 11th transfer). But we need not to be discouraged! Because people have their agency to accept of reject what we have to share (Which is the greatest and happiest message the world has to hear). To be successful we have to be, felling the spirit teach and testify through us, loving people and desiring their eternal salvation (Mosiah 28:3), being exactly obedient, live so we can follow the spirit direct us where to go, who to talk to, what to say, develop Christlike attributes (constantly working towards being Christlike), doing our best, inviting people to make and keep commitments, serve everyone, make the most of every opportunity that Heavenly father has blessed us with.
Even when we do all of this, we will still experience disappointments, but I have really come to an understanding of how I am a tool in the Lords hands, I have been sent here to do a work, once I have done what he needs me to do, and sometimes another tool is used to finish the task. But I know that the Lord is pleased with my efforts, I have no control over other peoples agency, only my own. And it is my choice to make the most of every opportunity that Heavenly Father has given me, and to make sure that the people I'm talking to will have that chance to hear the gospel and to have their lives changed through the atonement of Jesus Christ and his beautiful gospel.

I love my mission so much and I can't believe it's the end of my first transfer already! I knew it would go quick, I didn't realize it would flash right before my eyes!
I love Temple Square, I love being at the Temple everyday and seeing the difference the spirit makes into peoples lives. I love being a Temple Square Missionary!

I love you all! Keep Smiling! Stay Strong no matter what is going on, because I promise that as you turn to Him, the Lord is always by your side.

Love, Sister Ryan! <3
© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

No comments:

Post a Comment