Transfer 3 Week 2 (HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!)

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
It's actually been pretty exciting, everyone (most of us sisters) in the mission is wearing Red (bravery)  White (purity) and Blue (justice) and we had an awesome Relief Society on July 4th yesterday. I learnt a lot and it's so incredible because in 1 Nephi 13 it talks all about it! 
"And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters; and I beheld theSpirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man; and he went forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, whowere in the promised land." (1 Nephi 13:12) and it goes a long with the quote from Christopher Columbus which says "Our Lord unlocked my mind, sent me upon tthe sea and gave me fire for the deed. Who heard of my enterprise, called it foolish, mocked me and laughed. But who can doubt that the Holy Ghost inspired me?"
It's so incredible to see how the Lord has his hand in everything, how life and history is one giant stitch work where everything comes together and intertwines perfectly at the right moment and right time, so that future generations can be blessed because 1 minute really does change eternity. As we studied 1 Nephi 13 I saw how everything that happened with the independence of the States, I am so grateful for. I know, I'm not American, but the fact is. Without it, the United States would have not become open to religious freedom and because of the Revolution and everything else in the Unites States, we are able to have the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This was the place prophesied of old to be the chosen land for the Restoration in these last days and there are events that had to lead up to that. So, though I proudly wear my Australian Flag under my Missionary Tag where I wear the Saviors name close to my heart everyday, I will gladly celebrate this beautiful day because now we have the gospel of Jesus Christ, which has not only changed my life but the lives of millions around the world, therefore, changing the world!
Today to celebrate we had a 4th of July lunch for the mission where we had J-dogs. I can't explain it, all I can say is that it was delicious, hahaha. I loved it, and to quote President Harman "It's all in the sauce!". I'm sorry, I know this isn't going to make any sense! haha. Just remember I love you all. 
This week I have truly experienced the gift of tongues. Though I don't speak any other language but English fluently, my companion does. French, Spanish and Italian to be exact. So that means a lot of language tours! And so we have been! Last Saturday we took 1 French and 2 Italian tours (I've never been kissed by so many European men and it's terrifying). In all of these tours I may not have been able to speak the language but I have been able to understand what is going on. As I stand there and listen to all that is being said praying in my heart to understand what's being talked about, as the Spirit was there I was able to understand at least what topic they were talking about! It's was incredible! And so exciting! It was at this moment that I understood partially what the Gift of Tongues was, because I was surprisingly experiencing it! One time I was so excited that I just shouted out "I understand what is going on!" and they all laughed, I was so excited! But what I found was incredible was in one tour (a tour of 46 loud Italians) everything was fine, a normal tour, (asking about vergin mary, the cross, etc etc.) I was able to understand what was going on bit by bit and then things started getting heated, I had no idea why! The spirit had left and all of a sudden I couldn't understand a single world! And at that time, I was so grateful I didn't understand Italian! Hahaha! It all worked out and the tour ended and we said "thankyou's" and "goodbyes" (ciao, ciao). But the Lord knows what we need and will bless us accordingly. He gives us the things we need to be able to fulfill our purpose, whatever that might be. 
This week I have seen 2 people from home! Danielle Bryers (sorry I spelt it wrong) and Rebecka Smith!!! It was so incredible. I was on exchanges (because I'm the companion of the District Leader) with Sister Hadzik and while planning we both felt we needed to go to the Assembly Hall and so when we went there we open the door and there is Danielle! Both of our jaws just dropped and we gave each other the most epic hug ever!!! We talked about miracles on Temple Square and such and I had to leave she had to leave but it was so incredible seeing her! Then the next day we were just about to go to the Teaching Center and we get a phone call, I don't like picking up our phone and so I gave it to Sister Turro and turns out, someone was here looking for me and so I said "Okay, we are there!" we went up stairs and I was looking and looking and all of a sudden I hear an Aussie accent and I looked and said "Rebecka?" and she turned around and again, the most epic hug in the world!!! We stood there and talked for ages about everything that was happening back home and about being in the States! I was able to talk as fast as I wanted because she would understand me! (Because here I have had to slow down and think about my words because people didn't understand my accent, to the point I get asked if I had to learn English before coming to the States, it's pretty hilarious.) It just made my day and I was just overcome with so much happiness! I can't even express to you how exciting it is when you see someone you know, especially because I'm on the other side of the world! 
This transfer I'm really going to be focusing on Humility and Patience... both I think of which I'll need, especially this transfer! It's been hard and there have been tough days, and some tears, but in the end, it's incredible because we are given these things and put where we will learn the most and to strengthen us and make us stronger and well, Heavenly Father must be making a tank out of me! haha. I know that he doesn't give us what we couldn't handle. The mission isn't easy and it's the most challenging thing, emotionally, physically, spiritually, everything, that I've ever done and I wouldn't change a single thing! I can't wait to see how much I have learnt and grown by the end of the transfer, yet alone the end of my mission. I have already learnt so much and it's the second week of this transfer. It's so crazy. I don't think you can express in words how quickly it goes and how much you learn from day to day. But I know the Lord is aware and that I can rely on him more than ever! And I do and I will, forever I will keep my hand in the hand of the Lords. I know that he loves me and that he has experienced everything I have been through, am going through and will go through. Not only for me but for my companions, my investigators, my leaders, everyone. 
This transfers scripture I think will be Colossians 3:12-14
"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness."
I know this is a bit of a weird email and to be honest, it matches my kind of a weird week, haha. But I love you all and just know that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Jesus Christ restored gospel on the earth today and through the teachings of Jesus Christ we can obtain the greatest happiness in life! No matter what is going on, no matter how hard it is, you are never alone and the Lord is always by your side as long as you want him there. I;m so grateful to know that He knows me perfectly and knows what I need exactly, even more than I know for myself. Prayer, Faith, Humility, Patience and Charity are so important and I'm learning that more and more as the days go by. 
Keep smiling, Stay strong, The Atonement is real! I love you all! 
- Love Sister Ryan xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment