Transfer 12 Week 6

The weeks just seem to be going by faster and faster, I don't really feel like anything happens from p-day to p-day. 
I get my weeks all confused and messed up because it's all just going by so fast. It will be transfers next week and I feel like this transfer just began. 

But we did have a great week! We are seeing so many miracles with tours and investigators. We truly are fulfilling our purpose and making the most of every teaching opportunity. 
It felt so good to get back on the Square and contact everyone and take every tour that we could! One of our investigators that we lost contact with randomly text us and said that everything has been great and lately he has been thinking about getting baptized and is hoping to do it very soon! 

My Mandarin has improved a lot and my vocabulary is growing! I can hold a pretty okay conversation with someone from China now, which is awesome. We had a lot of cool experiences this week and I can testify that the gift of tongues is so real! There would be moment sin the tour that I wouldn't understand the words being said, but when Sister Chen turned to translate to me I would confirm that I understood correctly and it was often right or very close. The people notice and they are just amazed, it's been awesome to see Gods hand in creating these little miracles for us and I know  they soften the peoples heart to receive the gospel. I'm getting better at singing I am a Child of God (Wo Shi Shen Di Hai Zi) and they love it! 

I am thoroughly convinced the only reason why China hasn't opened yet is not because of the people in China, but it's becausewe're not ready for it yet! There will be so much work that needs to be done and I gain a testimony of that each time someone refers. They recognize truth and hope and they want it for themselves, even if they don't understand at first, they love the feeling of the Spirit. I love testifying to them that those feelings they have here on Temple Square of peace and happiness (which is huge for them) it's Gods way of telling them that, He is aware, that He loves them and wants to develop a relationship with them. And really, isn't that what the Spirit does? Every time we receive Revelation or those simple feels of the Spirit, it's God communicating those things to us.

Saturday was so incredible! A girl that Sister Orndal and I taught got baptized! and we got to Skype the baptism, it was so special, we only got to see the ordinance itself, but it was so special! I haven't seen anyone really progress to baptism since before Outbound and so it really rekindled that joy that baptism brings, being our first covenant with the Lord. We also got to speak with her on the phone later and it was so special, all three of us (Sister Orndal, Bruyzgina and I) and she was just to happy, you could feel her happiness through the phone, he just talked about how amazing she felt and she is a naturally bubbly person anyway, but this was something different, she was just thanking us so much for helping her, being patient with her and teaching her these things that have changed her life. It was a tender moment!  

I feel like this week I have grown spiritually in many little ways that make a big difference int he way I think and do things, I finished the Book of Mormon last Saturday and it was such an amazing experience and I really searched for the words the Savior Himself has said to us, being able to strengthen my testimony as I put Moroni 10:3-5 to the test is such a blessing. I feel like I have been so much more receptive to the Spirit lately, and really just pondering in my heart how all things come back to the Atonement of Jesus Christ, wow. I can truly say that when we always have the Savior in remembrance, we do have His spirit to be with us in a greater abundance. I see things very differently, it also helps that I am keeping a gratitude journal so I am always pondering about what I am grateful for and making sure that I not only acknowledge that gratitude but act on it. 
Gratitude is like faith, it leads to action. As well as every other Christ-like attribute. I am so grateful for my personal studies in the morning, they are always so uplifting and inspiring, as I study from the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. Studying the scriptures really does change our day! and not only our day but who we are. It makes me so determined to constantly be studying the scriptures after my mission. I hear way too often of missionaries getting home and "not having time" to study the scriptures and it breaks my heart! 

"Don’t yield to Satan’s lie that you don’t have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media. You may need to reorganize your priorities to provide time for the study of the word of God. If so, do it!" - Elder Richard G. Scott

I just love being a missionary so much and I am so grateful for everything that I have learned and become because of this time serving the Lord. The time goes by so quick! I know this is His work and I know that we are so blessed and privileged to be a part of it. He wants us to find joy in serving him, and joy is found as we rely on the Savior. He truly is the vine that gives [us] the branches strength to bear fruit (John 15), all things are made possible through him! (Moroni 7:33).

Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment