My Setting Apart as a Missionary (9th March 2014)

Stake Pres., Adam, Natasha, Emily, Mum, Peri,
Jennadene, Jacob, Brooke, Ian, Ally, Elizabeth
I am now a set apart missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I couldn't be more excited! 

Tonight was a truly emotional and spiritual event, we arrived at the Deer Park Stake center and waited for friends and my Stake President to come. Once they did, they all sat down in the high councilman room, I had my interview with Stake President and we talked about different things that will happen during the MTC and my mission. 

We joined the others and we had an opening prayer given by my best friend Peri O'donnell and everyone there had the opportunity to share their thoughts and express their feelings towards me, many tears were had, but it was so beautiful! I'm so grateful for the things that were said, they are so special to me and I will remember them always, my Mum shared her feelings I shared my testimony and my Stake president and Stake Clerk also expressed their feelings and testimony and shared a scripture Doctrine & Covenants 62:3 "Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you."

And then the time came, the time for me to be set apart as a missionary of the Lord for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
As I sat in the chair, my stake president invited one of my best friends Adam Louws to take part in the setting apart, no words can describe how much this meant to me! 

There were beautiful words spoken and things that I will hold close to me as I serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. 

I'm so grateful for everyone that came tonight and shared this amazing experience with me. It was truly such an amazing night and one I will never forget!


I leave my testimony with you that this church is true, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live, that Heavenly Father answers prayers as we faithfully and with pure intent seek him. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are always there for us. The atonement is such a wonderful thing and I'm so grateful for the sacrifice Christ made for all of us, that he understands and we can always turn to him for guidance and comfort, I'm grateful for all the sacrifices made that we now have the gospel in these latter days. You are a child of god and he loves you so much, the Book of Mormon is the word of God and through faith in Christ all things are possible (Moroni 7:33), in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.












No comments:

Post a Comment