Transfer 2 Week 6

I can't believe this is my last week of training, next week I not only will be in my 3rd transfer but I will have a new companion! So weird! Especially because Sister Magidson is the only companion I've had and I'm used to her being cold all the time and tearing her food all the time and we have our routine all worked out and how we do things, It will be weird having to adjust all over again! But that's what you get when your on a 35 acre thing of 200 Sister Missionaries, you don't really get to stay with your companion too long, 2 transfers at the most, 3 if you're REALLY lucky! But it's exciting and new, I look forward to seeing what next transfer has in store. One thing is you already know all the sisters (unless you're training, which I most definitely won't be). 
This week was full of miracles and events, I'm afraid I won't have time to write all about it because time is far spent, but I'll do my best.
Saving Korea: We have taken some incredible tours lately and some of which still touch me and I struggle to hold back tears talking about them or they give me just greatest feeling of the spirit. We had these beautiful Korean Families come to Temple Square and we took them around, we went to the Tabernacle and then to the Christus, we bore testimony about how Jesus Christ is always there for us and through him we don't have to feel like we are alone. One of ladies in the group asked "how do you know that?" with so much sincerity, you can see in her eyes how hungry she was to know so we testified about the Book of Mormon and how the Book of Mormon helps us know more of Jesus Christ and what He has done for us and how he helps us and knows us and wants to help us. While waiting for "God's Plan For His Family" we looked at the paintings of the Old Testament and I talked with her and shared more about the Book of Mormon (The Indroduction and Moroni 10:3-5) and she asked if it came in Korean and if she could get a copy and I said of course. We went through God's Plan, she was the only one that cried at the end and we went down stairs to exchange details and get her the Book of Mormon in Korean, just as we were saying our goodbyes she looks at me with tear filled eyes, clutching the Book of Mormon close to her heart and wipes away her tears and with the deepest sincerity she looks at me and says "I hope this can heal me" and I held back my own tears and smiled and said "It will".

Hastening the Work: I have a friend who is an actor for the church and he was a member present for a lesson of ours with a less active and he just got his mission call! Yesterday we were having a weird day, it was rainy and gross and it was effecting everyones moods, we were taking 10 minutes to sit down because we hadn't had time for lunch and we got a call from a desk in the North Visiting Center saying that Ben was here looking for us and we immedietly went from hald dead to as alive as possible and almost ran to the Visiting Center, we see him and he is waving and we come over and I immediately asked "where are you going?!" and he smiled and said "Netherlands/Belgium Mission, Dutch Speaking!" seriously so exciting! We can't wait to hear how it all goes, he doesn't leave for a few months but we are so excited for him! We saw him again today and he just went and got a Dutch Book of Mormon, haha so great! He is so excited. He will be an awesome missionary!
Biggest Flag Pole Tour in History: Here on Temple Square we have something called Flag Pole tours, which means every hour at the Flag Pole we have a tour! And so we weren't assigned but got a call to go help and we said, okay. We go out and there are 65 people there wanting a tour of Temple Square! Talk about a big lesson! So it was 4 sisters, Sister Ling (California), Sister Hadzick (Germany), Sister Magidson and myself. We got a microphone and flag and took them to the Tabernacle, Assembly Hall and Temple View. It was great and we taught and testified a lot. People had some interesting questions and some of them were almost Anti-ish. People left (they obviously couldn't handle the spirit) and then when we got tot Temple View there was a smaller group of maybe about 20, we testified about temples and eternal families and the blessing that come from making promises with God such as baptism and in the end we had this group of 6 college kids and they all wanted to learn more! and so they took 3 and we took 3, they didn't mind who went with who, they were all so lovely and you can tell they want to know more, they had so many questions and we are really excited to talk with them further. It was such of an incredible tour and latter on we had people coming up to us and just thanking us and saying how our testimonies of what we believe shine through our faces and they can see how passionate we are about what we believe. It was wonderful! Though it was a large group, we know we touched the hearts of the people and if they told us they wanted to learn more or not, doesn't matter, we did what we needed to do, we did what Heavenly Father needed us to do and fulfilled our purpose in inviting them to come unto Christ. It is the Lord's work, not ours and we may never see the fruits from that tour in this life but in the next we will. I have no doubt that when people see the missionaries in their home towns they will ask them more and learn more and come to know for themselves that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and everything we testified of today is true.

Alma Twenty-Six: Where do I even start! Unless you hear me actually talk about it, I'm not going to do it justice, the Spirit was bursting out of my heart this morning, I couldn't even contain it! I received so much revelation his morning! Mainly in verses 3, 15, 30-31, 35-37. This week my focus has really been that this is His work and not my work. This chapter has outlined that perfectly and I looked at it this morning in a completely new light. 

 3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many ofthem are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been madeinstruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.
 15 Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting light,yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments inhis hands of doing this great and marvelous work.
I loved these so much, people are in a state of spiritual darkness, they don't know where to turn or what to do, they are in a world that is so confusing and conflicting an don't know where the light is, but we as missionaries being instruments of the Lord assist in bringing them to the light of the gospel. 
Missionary work is hard, no matter where you serve, if it's Japan, Russia, Ukraine, Australia, Netherlands, where ever it is, missionary work can get tough and there are times when you feel weaker then others and sometimes you get anti's, sometimes you get someone who drops you, doesn't pick up the phone, doesn't answer the door, whatever it may be. Ammon, Alma, The Sons of Mosiah, etc. they all went through so much, they were in prison, cast out, tied up, spit upon, stoned, you name it! And this is what they had to say. 
30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposedthat our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we canwitness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.
We all go through stuff, but in the end this is what it's all about, saving some soul, in the end our labors and not few, sometimes it might feel that way, but we never know what seed we have planted, our labors are not few and no effort is wasted.
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the worldbegan; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; hecomprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlastingwo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost fromits body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people,and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my Godforever. Amen.
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are so aware of us and love us so much! They know us individually and want to bless us with they're light and love that come from the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can tell you that I had the greatest joy I've had on my mission today because of this study I had. I wish I could put it in words, it made a difference in how I talked to people, made a difference in the way I bore testimony, how I looked at people. We are all children of God who need Him, just like a child needs their parent, we need our Heavenly Father and we need our Savior Jesus Christ. I have every reason to be so grateful for the blessings I have received, especially being called as a missionary here on Temple Square. I get to teach people all over the world! I get to help people come unto Christ all over the world. The Lord has not only given us a portion of his vineyard, but his whole vineyard! I know that I could not do this work if it were not for Him, just like Ammon,"Yea, Iknow that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in hisstrength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." I see miracles everyday and I wish I could more accurately explain how much of a difference this made in my day, and will in my mission. Alma 26 is not about how to do missionary work, but the fruits of missionary work and has easily just become one of my favourite chapters in the Book of Mormon. 
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, whocan glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards thechildren of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." 
This is probably the most accurate way I can put it and I'm pretty sure I have a fair idea of how Ammon felt in this account. I am so grateful for the beautiful tender mercies and miracles I see everyday, I'm so grateful for lives we are able to touch here on Temple Square, for the Spirit that is felt here by all those that enter the gates of Temple Square. The Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives, the Book of Mormon changes lives and is another testament of Jesus Christ. I can't put it any other way. If you are on a mission or preparing for a mission or just want to have an increidble study, I would invite you to read Alma 26, it is so enlightening and if you put  your heart into it, I know you will receive what you need from it. 
Stay Strong, Keep Smiling, Pray Always, Study The Scriptures, I Love You All! 
THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE! as we say here on Temple Square when something incredible happens and it truly is! 

I love you all and Thank you all for everything you do.
Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment