Transfer 3 Week 1

I'M NOW IN MY 3RD TRANSFER!
I'm no longer training and EVERYTHING is different! I moved apparments, I'm in a new zone, new companion, new schedule, everything, but I know I have a lot to learn from this transfer! 
My new companion is.... SISTER TURRO from Italy! She speaks Italian, French and Spanish! There is not going to be a whole lot of English tours this transfer I feel, but it will be a great learning experience, we have already taken a Spanish and French tour (and the French guy kissed me three times, I'm not used to the culture and I freaked out a little, but apparently I'll be sued to it by the end of the transfer... haha) and we have an Italian motor coach tomorrow!
Last Wednesday I was able to have dinner with Sister Gibson and Sister Reeve and it was so lovely! It made my week, it was a little piece of home on my mission and it was just wonderful! I have also ran into quiet a few people from home in the past week Vince Meixner and Talissa and Kade Triffit! Little things like this are so incredible! I love seeing people from home. Sometimes (most times) i forget that I'm actually on the other side of the world and I'll have these little moments like "Hold up, I'm actually in Salt Lake City Utah, at Temple Square as a missionary!" It's pretty funny... 

Being summer we have had a lot of anti's come to the square and it's not easy, not because they shake your testimony but because the Spirit just instantly leaves and it's a terrible feeling (seriously awful!). It really happened to me for the first time in the last week and I seriously just wanted to go out the back of the Beehive House and cry because it was such of an awful feeling, but before I had time to even react, Heavenly Father sent on this massive group of EFY youth and it was one of the most spiritually uplifting tours I have every taken! He is so aware! and knows exactly what we need to get back in tune with the spirit and get past those moments. Just this Tuesday, in my personal studies I was up to Alma 30-31 and the spirit told me that I would come across some anti's today and that's why I needed to read these chapters, it was crazy because the Spirit is always right and I certainly came across some anti's. We took the tour and right at the end they attacked! Sister Magidson and I were talking about it later and we explained the feelings we had when we walked out of the Beehive House. At the same place at the same time we felt this wrenching feeling in our hearts to "get out of there" "leave now". We walked around the corner and asked them if they had any questions being the nice missionaries we are and then BAM! They attacked... This was such a strong testimony to me that The Spirit is so loud in such a silent way. And now I truly know how to follow those types of prompting and have since that day. It has been so evident to me lately that Heavenly Father is so aware of me, that He knows what will happen and how I need to be prepared and how I need to be warned and different things. After this happened I remembered what I had read when I had been told that I would come across these types of people and took the time to read Alma 31:30-31 
 "O Lord God, how long wilt thou suffer that such wickedness and infidelity shall be among this people? O Lord, wilt thou give me strength,that I may bear with mine infirmities. For I am infirm, and such wickedness among this people doth pain my soul.
O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that Imay suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me, because of the iniquity of this people.

O Lord, wilt thou comfort my soul, and give unto me success, and also my fellow laborers who are with me—yea, Ammon, and Aaron, andOmner, and also Amulek and Zeezrom, and also my two sons—yea, even all these wilt thou comfort, O Lord. Yea, wilt thou comfort theirsouls in Christ.

Wilt thou grant unto them that they may have strength, that they may bear their afflictions which shall come upon them because of theiniquities of this people.

O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we maybring these, our brethren, again unto thee.

Now it came to pass that when Alma had said these words, that he clapped his hands upon all them who were with him. And behold, as heclapped his hands upon them, they were filled with the Holy Spirit.

And after that they did separate themselves one from another, taking no thought for themselves what they should eat, or what they shoulddrink, or what they should put on. 
And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they shouldsuffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this becausehe prayed in faith."
After this happened we met this beautiful old man who was so inspirational! and I'll never forget what he told us, it hit me with such force and I know it to be true, he said "With God on our side we are not defenseless and they are not invincible" - Joe Hardy. 
In the talk from the April 2014 General Conference The Prophet Joseph Smith By Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge  "Truth will always be opposed". And though there is opposition, they will never win, because we will always be stronger with the Lord on our side as we put our trust in Him. With faith in Christ all things are possible. "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoeverthing is expedient in me." - Moroni 7:33 
The church is so true! And no matter what people do or ay against it, it will stand strong forever, because this is The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints and it has been restored on the earth, never to falter. People ask me how I came to know, and just the way all personal revelation is received, I asked God, having faith and being willing to act upon the answer that I receive. I read and pondered and prayed and pondered and prayed and it is a continuous cycle and we are always learning more and more. But I can not deny the testimony I have, I have had so many incredible experiences and seen so many miracles, I've seen for myself how the gospel changes lives! And it will continue to do so because it is truth and when people ask "why are you doing this?" I simply say, "Because we as missionaries have the happiest message in the world to share with everyone, that Jesus Christ original church had been restored today by a modern day prophet,that God is our loving Heavenly Father, and that through the teachings of Jesus Christ we can have the greatest joy possible, and you can come to know this for yourself!" and it's true! You can come to know for yourself of the things I say in every email. Heavenly Father answers prayers and is so aware of each and every single one of us. He knows us, and knows what we need and how we can get it, we must turn to Him and he will bless us so much, the windows of Heaven will be unlocked and you will receive blessings and revelations beyond what you could have imagined
Stay strong and when hard times come put your faith in Jesus Christ and have joy in Him and His atonement, you are NEVER alone, He is by your side, only if you let Him be, don't run away or hide from His love, embrace it and share it with others. His arms of mercy are extended towards you, go to Him and I promise those burdens will be made lighter and will give you the strength to overcome everything. Have faith, faith is a principle of power and as we have faith just like in Moroni 7:33 we will have power to do all things. 
I love you all! Stay Amazing and Keep Smiling. 
Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment