Transfer 4 Week 3

First of all, I'm absolutely exhausted (like a wave of exhaustion just crashed violently over me) so if this email doesn't make any sense, now you know why!
First of all on a random side note before we start! We finally have a new light bulb in our bathroom, which means, no more showers in the almost dark! Yay! hahaha. 

We had the most amazing miracle this week! I was on exchanges with Sister Lau (Hong Kong) and we went up to the Square and someone asked us if we were available and we had like 3 hours on the Square and so of course we said yes! Sister Barrett said that the Flag Pole was just about to start but she felt like he needed his own private tour where we could focus everything we had on him and so we did! He was just about to walk out to go to the Flag Pole and then his phone rang and so looking back on it we knew that it was meant to be.
His son is a convert and his wife is seeing the local missionaries back in California very frequently and even went to church last week and really enjoyed it! He studied world religion, grew up a strong Christian with very strong faith in Jesus Christ. He had read 1 Nephi before, knew a little about Joseph Smith in which we helped his understanding and clarified a lot of things for him throughout the tour as we went to the Temple Model, the Tabernacle talking about prophets and modern day revelation from God. He believes the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ, but not sure how to accept it in his heart, has a very good knowledge of the scriptures and loved how we clarified that the Book of Mormon and the Bible truly do work together. He even encouraged/supported his son to join the church. Wiht all of these things you can see that he not only wants this but has truly been prepared to hear what we have to share. We are so excited to talk to him and teach him more tomorrow!

Kaley has finished the Book of Mormon! And from what she said she really understood it, a few things confused her but that is always to be expected. (I certainly didn't understand everything the first time I read the Book of Mormon). She is doing so well and you can really see the difference in her from when we first started talking to the point where she is now. she even said today "I can see how they are meant to fit together. I did find myself thinking that a lot of the people who criticize the LDS church claim that the Book of Mormon is damaging to the Bible. I cant see that at all. Its 'almost' a book which is basically saying "go back and read the bible and stop changing random parts of it". " What?! It was so awesome, she's so great! her faith is really strengthening and developing and even though it is taking time it is so wonderful to see how the word of God is changing and softening her heart.
Simone is constantly incredible! Which is so exciting he is progressing more and more as he continues to read the Book of Mormon, he went on holiday this week but emailed us a little here and there and now that he is reading the Book of Mormon he wants to see the local missionaries again! He told us this week that he knows the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it only makes sense that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God! When we asked him he was like "DUH!" (in Italian of course) It was pretty funny!

So many miracles and so many children of God taking those steps to come unto Christ through the Book of Mormon, even logically it all makes sense, there is no possible way that this can't all be true, there is no way whatsoever. It's just not possible! The Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith did indeed see God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son, and they called him to do a marvelous work which has blessed and will continue to bless the lives of millions!
We had Zone Conference this week which was totally and completely amazing! It was so inspiring and wonderful and I can't wait to get out on the Square and apply everything I learnt and to study the things I felt inspired to study. I have really been doing all I can to listen to the promptings of the Spirit and I really felt like I did that this week, my prayers/questions were answered the Spirit told me things that weren't even relevant to what was being talked about, and I know that is because I have a Heavenly Father that loves me and knows me so perfectly!
After Zone Conference, President Poulsen pulled Sister Turro and I aside and sat us down, he turned to me and... I got some pretty hard news from home... It took me a little to register what he had just said, at first I was in absolutely shock and then it hit and I just found myself in tears, not knowing what to think or what to say or even do... We went home (on the way back from Zone Conference) to eat dinner and as we left the apartment, and headed back to the Square, it started to rain ever so slightly. I had never felt so much love from my Heavenly Father, I was encompassed in that love so fully, those little rain drops to me where a His way of telling me "It's okay, I'm here for you, I'm crying with you right now, you're not alone" This little thing changed the way I see everything, no matter how bad it get's He is always by my side and I have relied on Him more than ever before in my life. I have constantly been praying in a way I have never prayed before, I have relied on the Atonement to strengthen me and support me and just help me do the work. I felt energized and ready to just go out and meet God's children that need the gospel! We have what they need and I can't let anything stop me from doing this work I have been called to do. As I relied on the strength of the Lord I had a different type of energy and happiness, a different type of peace in my heart, I just wanted to go out and share the happiest message in the world with everyone! I don't know what it was but there is a real power and healing in the Atonement. I am not alone in this and as I put my hand in the hand of the Lord all will be well, as I look forward to the future with faith, nothing and no one will make me falter or fail.
I have the greatest person to ever to walk the earth, Jesus Christ by my side. I know that all of these things happen for a reason and that I am so blessed to be here on my mission even with everything going on. This work is more important than anything else right now, these 18 months go very quickly and they are only short, I need to make the most of the time given to me to be a representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ. He has personally selected me to represent Him, to do what He would have me do and to say what He would have me say. This work is too important to slack off and to not put 100% into it! Some days it is hard, obviously. But it is more than worth it, because we meet people and we have experiences that are needed for us to learn and grow and become the person that Heavenly Father would have us be. He knows us better than we know ourselves and as we humble ourselves and submit ourselves to learn the things He would have us learn and as we submit cheerfully through times of affliction it will all be for our benefit and I truly do stand as a witness that the Lord does visit people in their afflictions and that we need to humble ourselves enough to receive that love and support that he so eagerly wants to give us. He makes us stronger, he doesn't take the burdens away, but he makes us strong enough to bear them. I have seen this throughout my life and more than ever here on my mission.
"And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."
- Mosiah 24:13-15

I promise, no matter how hard times get, as you rely on the Lord, He will give you the strength you need, He will comfort you in the exact way you need comfort, He will carry us until we can walk by His side. We are never alone and that is something I have truly come to understand on my mission, I have an ever growing testimony of that. "When life get's too hard to stand, kneel" and I promise it will all work out, in the Lords time and you will look back on it and realize it was part of His plan all along.
Pray Always, Stand Strong, Keep Smiling, Let the Lord Help You in Times of Affliction, Go to Him, Let Him Heal You. (Jacob 2:8)
I love you all, thank-you for all you have done and the support you give to lovingly to me.
Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment