Transfer 4 Week 5

This weeks email won't be a long one, I had a lot of people email this week and I want to reply to everyone as much as I can.
A few things since last time!

Last P-day we went to the Church History Museum, which they are closing for a whole year after General Conference for remodeling. We had so much fun looking at everything, I love the Hall of the Prophets and the American Indian art, they have so many increidble displays about the history of the church and it's all so wonderful, gives a great perspective and appreciation for everything, Sister Turro and I spent most of our time in the kid section however, where they have awesome displays about the Gold Plates and how heavy they were and what the inscriptions possibly looked like (and also a whole bunch of fun activities... haha) etc. We have been telling everyone to go check it out since!
Later that night we had dinner out with Sister Gibson and Sister Snowden! It was wonderful! we went to Johnny Rockets and had a great time! I seriously had the greatest food baby, ever (well not really, but kinda...).
It was a great evening and then we all walked home together talking more about the mission and about how fast it's going by and all of that. I love having someone so close to my heart here, it's been such a blessing! Have Sister Gibson here is so amazing, every time I see her it just makes my day and I love chatting with her, it's a little piece of home.

Last Saturday night we met an absolute miracle! Her name is Brenda and she is now a new investigator! We were covering Map Desk for 5 minutes until the next Sisters came and Brenda and Nathan came up to us wanting to see "Gods Plan for His Family" and so we called it in and talked with them until Sister's came. Nathan (her fiance) said that Brenda was investigating the church and then I immediately assumed that meant she was already seeing missionaries, I bore my testimony/conversion story and we were all in tears, it was beautiful, then the Sisters came and we decided we would take them to God's Plan! On the way we asked how long she had been meeting with missionaries and she said she hadn't met them yet! We waited a little until we could go through and Nathan shared his conversion story, we then took them through and I just had such a great love for her! I had to keep in contact with her, I knew it was by no coincidence that Sisters didn't come to take them and we covered Map Desk at that exact time! We offered to keep in contact and so she gave us her phone number! We met with them Monday, took them on a tour and taught the Restoration, we invited her to be baptized and she said yes! It's so exciting! She is so dedicated to learn more about these things, she really wants this and it is so exciting! Her fiance is a convert to the church and you can just see the love he has for the Lord and she really loves that about him, they are an adorable couple and so we are excited to be with them through this journey of truth and light and love that comes from our Savior.

This week I got sick with some tummy bug that is apparently going around, and I haven't been able to do hardly any work, which breaks my heart! I stayed home all day Wednesday and then just stayed in the lounge or Guest Services Thursday. But now that I am felling better I am excited to work harder than every before to make up for the days lost. Being sick as a missionary is the worst thing ever! All you want to do is go up on the Square and take tours and invite people and help people but your body just won't let you!
But I'm overcoming it now, yay! So I'm so excited to hit the pavement of Temple Square again.
Today I finished the Book of Mormon! I have been reading it little by little since coming into the mission field and so it has taken me a little over 5 months to read the Book of Mormon and it was such of an incredible experience, I read the Book of Mormon in a different way than ever before. It's always different when we have different things happening in our lives but this morning as I knew I was coming to an end, when I started my studied with a pray I asked specifically to know and have my testimony reconfirmed to me that these things are true. As I read the last chapters of Moroni the Book of Mormon felt so real, I felt as if I was there seeing and hearing for myself what was being taught and experienced.
I finished the Book of Mormon and I got to my knees to pray. The Spirit entered into my heart with great force, yet at the same time it was so gentle and warm. I know that the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ and I know that He lives. That miracles happen through our faith and that the Book of Mormon is physical evidence of the Restoration of Jesus Christ original gospel. I know that Joseph Smith was a called prophet of God and that he truly did see God the Father and Jesus Christ! The Book of Mormon is the greatest book this world has to answer questions of the soul, to testify of the Savior and His great redeeming and merciful love, for His awareness of us, of His teachings and so much more.
Every good thing comes from God and this is the greatest! The knowledge that comes from the Book of Mormon through the Spirit as it bear testimony of the truthfulness of it is the most joyous thing we can have! My feelings and love for my Savior and His gospel are ineffable! And it is the greatest honor and privilege to be able to declare the truth to all nations here on Temple Square. To invite all men, women and children to come unto Christ and receive His gospel. 
I can not and will never doubt the truthfulness of these things, I know it with all I have and I'm so grateful for it! This gospel has changed my life and it does change lives, people can change as they let the Lord mold them into who He needs them to be so they can obtain true happiness, not just in this life, but in the life to come. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." - John 14:26Change the word peace, for happiness and you have what I'm trying to say.
If you want to know these things for yourself, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, with the quesiton in mind, are these things true? is this another testament of Jesus Christ? whatever you might be looking for, I promise you will receive an answer in a way that it perfect for you, because the Lord knows you and He wants you to know these things, He has his arms out waiting and ready to receive you, he is inviting you to come to Him and partake of His grace and glory. As you follow the promise given in Moroni 10:3-5 you can not fail and you will not go wrong. 

I love you all, Thank-you for everything!
Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment