Transfer 4 Week 6

A couple of random things that happened in the past week:
1. Salt Lake City Comic Con, so many amazing costumes! and I also talked with and met Thor! (not Chris Hemsworth, sorry). They wanted a photo with us and so I assume I'm up on some comic con blog by now or something, haha.
2. We also went to the Temple today and it was so wonderful! We went as a district and it was so special, 
3.
 While typing this email Sister Hadfield came and found me! and it's was amazing! #Don'tEvenCareAboutEmailTime, haha. 
4. 
I hit my 6 month mark on the mission and in 18 days I have 1 year left.. NO it's going too quickly! 
5. I got this beautiful package form the Primary in my home ward and it was incredible, just so tender, it just melted my heart and it was so beautiful! - Thankyou to my Ward Primary! 
6. Sister Turro is going Outbound to the San Jose, California Mission!

After overcoming last weeks sickness, I had the greatest desire to get up and work than ever before, I wanted to make up for those days lost not being able to do anything while being sick, Saturday and Sunday were the days I started to feel the best and after this weekend, I have seen so many wonderful and amazing and beautiful miracles! I put everything I had into finding and focusing on those we were teaching and some incredible things happened. I gained such a stronger testimony of Faith, Diligence and Using Time Wisely. 
We went to take a God's Plan and it was this beautiful family and the fathers brother, we talked a little bit and found out that the family was less-active and the brother (Julio) was not a member of the church. We asked inspired questions (seriously gained such a testimony of questions lately) and found that he was open to having a faith in Jesus Christ. We went through and talked about how the family could be blessed with the gospel and they were so prepared! The night before they had read the Book of Mormon with Yadira's (the mother) sister and knew from that they needed to start doing something and coming back. We gave them that motivation and they had a desire to change and asked for our help to do so. We offered to stay in contact and they were just so excited to do that. We asked Julio if this is something that he wants and he said yes and that he would love to stay in contact with us also.
We were meant to call Julio on Tuesday but it fell through, then we called him last night and something incredible happened! He said that he has not had a religious background ever, but that he is open to it, that he feels like he is in darkness and doesn't belong, that he feels alone. We offered to send the local missionaries and he said yes, that he would love that. We then talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how through baptism any guilt we feel can be swept away and how he is never alone because he has Jesus Christ on his side and he said that he felt really good when we talked to him and it was just so incredible! He asked if we could call tomorrow, we looked at each other and just said "Of course!" We did not care that it would be p-day, the Lord had prepared people and they need our help, this is His time, not ours and we need to take every opportunity we have in order to help these beautiful children of God! Needless to say we are super excited to talk to him tonight!
Yadira's family is also doing incredibly! We called her and talked with her and she is doing everything she can, she has a plan and she is putting it into action, family Book of Mormon reading, Family Home Evening on a night that works best for them and also they are planning to go to church this week! We offered to text her and give her that boost and encouragement in the morning. So exciting! They were so truly prepared to come back into the arms of the Lord and doing all they can as a familywhich is so beautiful and amazing.
Another thing that truly helped me gain such a stronger testimony of Faith, Diligence and Using Time Wisely, is a miracle that happened on Monday, we were in the Teaching Center and going through our Area Book, I was thinking, "who can I call"... "who needs me to call?" and "who is available?" I stated going through my dropped/former contacts and I felt prompted to call John,he was a member referral in the Beehive House (my 2nd Transfer) and we taught him for ages, but he stopped picking up and I hadn't heard from him in months... The Spirit was pushing me and I knew I had to call him, but I kept thinking, he would be at work... but, I put my faith into action and followed the prompting anyway, I called and all of a sudden "Hello?"... "Hi John! It's so amazing to hear from you again, it's Jen the missionary!" It was so amazing! I asked him how it was all going and so much has happened! He is meeting with local missionaries, reading the Book of Mormon, went to church last week, planning on going this week and is going to a baptism on Saturday! He has progressed so much and it's so exciting! He met with missionaries not long after he stopped picking up, had a 1 month break (because he wasn't at home for a while) and then has been meeting with them the past 3 weeks! It is so exciting and I'm so excited to see what will happen, he is incredible and is getting a great testimony of the Book of Mormon and it's helping him so much.
I talked about Brenda last week and she is just putting every inch of faith she has into the Lord, she is incredible and just wants to learn and grow as much as she can, she has shared so much with her and shared with us her desires to come unto Christ and have these things in her life, she is a truck diver and wanting to give it all up so she can settle down in Salt Lake City and get baptized and married and everything else! It's so exciting!
Rose! My beautiful little Aussie! I love her so much and have a very special place in my heart for her. She had such of an incredible experience last Sunday (being Fast and Testimony meeting), that she shared with us. She wanted to go up and bear her testimony but she ran out of time and totally regrets it! But we asked how it felt when she wanted to bear her testimony and she said "It was an intense burning sensation and I have goose bumps all over my body, It was amazing, Never thought the spirit was that strong until today". Here is a young girl who just perfectly described the spirit and her testimony of the Spirit alone, yet alone everything else. She is so amazing and I know she knows these things are true, her testimony just radiates from her and I know that she is one of the reasons I came on my mission, just all all those who I have talked about are, I know I made them a promise before this life and I'm fulfilling that promise.  

If all goes well I know that these beautiful children of God will enter the waters of baptism and find true and eternal happiness in our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement, that they will feel the love, peace and joy that comes from accepting and living His gospel. They are amazing and I have such great love for every single one of them and I know there are great and marvelous things in store for them. If I only have a part of the love that the Savior has for them, I can't even imagine how much He loves them.
This is truly the Lords work and I know that I am an instrument in His hands, I have truly felt that this past week and I know that I am fulfilling my purpose by inviting others to come unto Christ, if they be less-active, non members, members, whatever the case. I feel like I am becoming the missionary the Lord would have me be and I love it so much! I have the greatest desire to spend every second I can bearing my testimony and helping and inviting people to come unto Christ, to just do that little better every single day and work harder every day.

"Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work." - Alma 26:15
I love this work, I love being a missionary, I love thinking about my investigators and having them in my heart, I love knowing that the Spirit really does teach and testify through us and that as we teach by the Spirit they will be able to gain a witness of truth about these things. The Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives and I know it more than ever, as I hear these people talk about how these things are helping them and how it is changing their lives, it brings my heart so much joy!
I love you all, Thank-you for everything, just know I love my mission so much!
Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment