Transfer Week between 6 and 7


So because Temple Square has a different Transfer cycle to the San Jose mission it's a little bit weird, but we are getting there! 

Wow so much has happened since getting here! I wasn't supposed to be in my new area until tomorrow, but there was some complications on Wednesday when I got here and I went to my new area basically immediately.
I am serving in a YSA ward in Saratoga and it is the best! The YSA are amazing, they are so supportive and involved with the missionary efforts here which is something I was really hoping for!
California has already stolen a piece of my heart and I never thought that it would, but I love it here! It is completely different to Temple Square and adjusting is a little weird, but I think I'm doing well. I just contact (street contacting was really scary at first), teach when you find, find when you teach manner as I would Temple Square and we have seen some awesome contacting miracles that I am excited to see what lies ahead of. I think the biggest difference is not only working with members, but the contacting style you have to use on he streets, you have to be very aggressive compare to Temple Square! You really have to actually stop people and hope they will talk with you and have to really rely on the Spirit to have the Spirit there so that you can share a short and powerful message with them so that they will have a desire to learn more. The more you do it, the easier it gets, I'm still working on it, but it's been a lot of fun!
I have met a few investigators which I am excited to get to know more and met a lot of members and excited to work with more too. Being in a ward and working with members is the best! I am so grateful for this experience and opportunity I have to experience the other side of missionary work. 
My new companions are awesome! Sister DeLaMare finishes her mission and goes home tomorrow and Sister Martin will stay with me for the next (7 week) transfer. They are both amazing and incredible missionaries and we have a lot to learn from one another. We have already learnt so much form each other! We have so much fun and I haven't had a good laughing ab workout like I have recently in a long time! I am having the best experience out here! I wish my time here was longer than 3 months, but just gives me a greater desire to make the most of it!
This is going to be an incredible experience, I feel like i just got here, but I already feel like I have been here for so long. This feels like home! And there is humidity here so I feel like I can breathe! hahahaha.
I don't have time like I used to to write big long emails, but I love this work and it is amazing no mater where you go. I love my Savior so much and I am so excited to serve in this part of his vineyard. I love the gospel and my love and desire to share is increases every day! I can not express how amazing it is to serve the Lord in this capacity. I know He lives and I know he is on our side as we ask for him to be thee and ask for his assistance!

Trust in Him and I promise you will never go astray! He is the path that leads to true joy, peace and eternal life!

I love you all, thank-you for everything!

Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment