LAST PDAY IN THE MTC!‏


Hey everyone!
Where did the time go?! It's my last day Pday in the MTC! 
Sometimes being here, it feels like this is your mission, just in the MTC, being in class, teaching golden investigators and having every minute of your time scheduled for you. but nope! On Wednesday I'll be in Temple Square for real! And I couldn't be more excited! it's sad because we have to say goodbye to everyone again, but so so so exciting at the same time. 
This week has been an awesome one, but sad and emotional too. We said goodbye to the Elders in our district on Monday, which was so sad! we love them all, the are like little brothers now, (because they are 18). They are now in Tennessee serving the Lord, and trying not to get too much of a southern accent, haha.  
We had to stop teaching everyone we were teaching, again so sad! It was so hard saying goodbye to Melissa, Chae, Lance and Arnold, We love them so much, but we exchanged details and I look forward to hearing from them and keeping in touch.
OH! I got my package from home on Monday!!! Seriously made my week! Everyone loved the TimTams and people think I'm crazy with the Vegemite and I'm seriously loving eating shapes and chicos and frogs alive, Mum, You are just too amazing! I didn't realize how much I'd miss Australian food! Thankyou so much!!! <3
Wednesday we started Visiting Center Training (because weeks start on Wednesdays here) and we went to Temple Square!!! It was only for a couple of hours, and I didn't get to actually near the temple, but we went to the visiting center, and we had a tour and then had some role plays testifying of something around, so it was pretty awesome. We saw the Christis and it was incredible! I couldn't believe I was actually there and seeing everything with my own eyes and not in pictures! Seeing the temple for real was incredible, unfortunately it was a terrible rainy day, but still, the pictures don't do the temple justice, it is beautiful! I can't wait to get closer. We then had a meeting with the Visiting Center Director (he looks after all the visiting centers throughout the world) and we talked about how amazing our calls are and how special it is to be called as a visiting center sister. One thing I loved about the meeting was when he said. "You are called to do nothing less than change the world!". I've always known this is where I'm meant to be (Temple Square) and after being there for a couple of hours, I really have gained a greater testimony and appreciation of my call. The spirit is so strong there and I can't wait to actually be there for real! I can already tell I won't wanna come home, haha. 
 After that we came back to the MTC and most of us Sisters fell asleep on the way back, seriously that nap was incredible! Any wink of sleep we get here is appreciated, haha. Visiting Center Training is seriously the best! I love it so much! Our teachers are amazing and everything is adapted for how we would do it being a visiting center sister. I learnt so much just in my first day of VC. I've really gained a greater understanding on how I need to be me! I need to be the real me, not someone else, I was called to Temple Square because Heavenly Father knows who I am, why should I change?
in VC we also have a thing called "referral center" (or teaching center) and it's so awesome. WE ARE THE MORMON.ORG PEOPLE! Yeah, that's right! When you go on chat on Mormon.org, That's us Visiting Center Sisters! I love it! It's probably my favourite part of the day, while chatting online, we get to use our first names! And we also get to listen to music and watch Mormon messages while waiting for people to come on or waiting for people to reply, it's seriously so awesome! I love it! Sometimes it gets scary people people get nasty and inappropriate but it is great and it awesome to help people in need, and what I extra love about it, is that the investigators we have on chat in the MTC, we can take with us to the mission field. How awesome is that!!!
Last night I got really sick, Sister Kruse was like "you need to rest and go back to residence" and I was like "no I'll be fine" and as time got on I was getting worse and worse and so teacher came and we decided to go... On our way back we saw 2 of our previous investigators (Chae & Melissa) and they were so worried about me! They are so sweet, one of them was like "if you need anything just come to my room, you know where it is and come and get some medicine and I think there is candy in there too!" she's such a sweetie, I said thankyou and they gave me a hug. I love them so much, they are so wonderful! 
I have never slept so soundly here in the MTC, once I got back to bed and fell asleep, I was dead to the world! My companion stayed awake and studied to make sure I was okay, I love her so much! I woke up 2 hours later at 8:30pm, and i felt SO much better! The class was doing TRC (teaching) and so we stayed in residence and studied and did our daily planning. I'm so grateful for my companion, always looking out for me! <3
We get to go to Temple Square again tomorrow! Which is super exciting! it's for longer and it's not a guest experience, we will be actually working as a VC Sister! So incredibly excited! Everyone is! we have sisters from all over the world, Chile, Philippines, Guatemala, Italy, Chile, Brazil, Tahiti, New Zealand, America-Samoa, Australia (me), It's incredible! I love my mission so much!

That's really it for this week! I love you all! Please write to me! Pretty pretty please! (yes I'm begging)

Thankyou to everyone for all you're support!! 

Love, Sister Ryan (almost in Temple Square)

P.S  If anyone wants to send me something, some Typo (a5) Brown Buffalo journals would be awesome! (maybe throw in some TimTams or BBQ shapes while you're at it :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment