Transfer 1 Week 4‏

Hello!

This week was CRAZY! So much happened, so again just some of the highlights of this amazing and incredible week, it's crazy, just feels like yesterday it was P-day, haha

- Explore Day: I got to go to some of the highlights of the Salt Lake area, went to the Relief Society Building, Church Office Building, Joseph Smith Memorial Building, the gardens at the top of the Conference Center, the City Creek Food Court, Deseret Book, you know, all those right? Well, I had some crazy awesome experiences, I finally have a picture of me an the temple!!! Wooh! And it was awesome exploring and having a arch Big Mac meal in America, (seriously never again, blegh!), you know casually seeing Jefferey R. Holland I the Church office Building, that's a lie, it wasn't casual at all, I totally freaked out! I ACTUALLY SAW JEFFERY R HOLLAND! We walked past him and he looked at us! He recognized my existence! Yep, I just went there! We aren't allowed to talk to General Authorities or the Twelve unless they come and talk to us, so we didn't talk but I SAW HIM! So basically this is how it happened "Sister Ryan, don't freak out but there is Jeffery R Holland" I look up and there he is and I was so nervous I gave him the most awkward smile in the history of the world!!! Yep, pretty much. All day Sister Magidson and I were freaking out about it! it was like "We saw Jefferey R. Holland today" at the most random times! It was pretty funny. But yeah, it actually happened.

- Youtube Fame at the Christus: We walked up to the Christus because that is where we had planned to go, and as we are walking up we see Shay Carl and his family! Yep, we totally acted casual and talked to other people but when they were gone we went up to them and was all like "Hi, how are you?" and then we started chatting and Sister Magidson was like "We're not gonna lie, we know who you are and we are fans" and they were like "No way!" and so we talked about heaps of stuff, about the Christus and why they came to Temple Square, shared a spiritual experience, about how he was in Sydney recently, and all that jazz, and we shook hands and they were all like "Hey we will send everyone on YouTube to Temple Square to see Sister Ryan and Sister Magidson!" it was pretty epic! Don't know if it will actually happen, but don't even mind, he said my name and he knows who I am, pretty awesome stuff! So look out for their new video at Temple Square because I was there when they filmed the part at the Christus if they put it in!

Now that I've talked about the famous people, lets get into missionary work!

- First Time for Everything: We were at Eternal Families Desk and we met these two young men, talked to them quickly and then they had to go and it was super busy! We finished there and we were at Scriptures and Revelation and we saw them again! Started talking to them again and Jeremy (the non member) had some questions that Jordan (member) had a hard time answering, so we sat down and talked, we answered his questions and talked about agency and the Book of Mormon, the Restoration and it was a really spirit filled lesson. We were reading the Introduction to the Book of Mormon and I bore testimony, I was bold and straight to the point and then I got a prompting from the spirit "invite him to be baptized" I was thinking "I can't do that, I've never done it before, this is a real person, what if I mess it up, this is eternal life we are talking about here!" and then again "Invite him to be baptized!". We read Moroni 10:3-5 and we talked about how it was given to HIM! because Heavenly Father knows him and loves him so much "that ye shall recieve these things!" For Jeremy on Saturday at the North Visiting Center, the time that HE received these things, he was talked about in the Book of Mormon, it is for him as it is for us all individually. I bore testimony again and said "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized when you know these things are true?" and he said.... YES!!! I extended my first baptism invite and he said YES! We have a return appointment and I'm so excited to talk more with him about the happiest message in the world which is this restored gospel! To help him come unto Christ by receiving this restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.

- Answering the Phone: When in a new place, I hate answering the phone, it's hard here because I don't wanna mess up! So, I made a goal this week to be courageous and trust in the Lord (as I should have done to start with) to pick up the phone when someone calls, knowing that as I listened he would give me the things I needed to say. This week I did that! And I answered the phone for the first time, I was by myself, my companion didn't click on to hear what was going on, it was just me, the person and the Lord. Just my luck, it was someone who, lets put it this way, didn't like the church too much. Had some questions, didn't like my doctrinal answers that I was inspired to give. It was interesting but I acted on promptings and that was what was important, I was polite and suggested mormon.org and lds.org and said "Have a nice day". It was the best thing for me I think, I'm not scared to make or get phone calls now, because from that one experience, I know the lord is by my side, I can't do this without him and if I did, I'm not doing it right. I know he is there and that he is the 3rd member of my companionship, that as I listen with my ears and heart, it will be given to me what I need to say.

They are like the 4 massive things this week, I had my first exchange with my district leader and that was super awesome, there was lots of new things to learn and different ways to do things, we have been finding new investigators, we even found 2 on chat last night! and one of them we are sending a Book of Mormon too and continuing to teach! We are really excited to help them all, teach them all and tell them the things the Lord needs them to know. The hardest thing is when they don't pick up the phone, but there is a reason! I'm sure of it!

I have often said one of the greatest secrets of missionary work, is work. If a missionary works she will get the spirit; if she gets the spirit, she will teach by the spirit, if she teaches by the spirit, she will touch the hearts of the people and she will be happy. There will be no homesickness, no worrying about families (or friends), for all time and talents and interest are focused on the work of the ministry. Work, work, work - there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work!" I have seen this quote work in my missionary work, I have memorized it and continue to quote it in my head throughout my day, sorry family and friends, I'm not worried about you, because I know the Lord is looking after you and giving you miracles and tender mercies in your life. This work is so important! and so I will work with all I have, knowing the blessings that come from that, not for me, but for those I serve.

I have learnt so much and I continue to learn and to grow, my testimony is strengthened everyday of this beautiful gospel, which is Christ's gospel on the earth again today. If I could reach to the highest point of the world and declare the gospel to the whole world I would! Just as well the Lord has sent me to Temple Square, I may not be teaching the whole world! But one by one, just like Jesus Christ did, teaching people from all over the world. What a beautiful blessing it is, to be a part of the greatest missionary force in the history of the world, to be one of the thousands of missionaries sharing the truth of the Gospel. To be on Temple Square and talk to people all over the world (it's also the only mission in the world I get "Hi Sister" ever 5 minutes at Walmart), I love inviting everyone to come unto Christ, it is such a blessing to do so. I love my mission, I love being a missionary, I know that this gospel is true with every fiber of my being, no matter what any one says! I know my testimony comes from a loving Heavenly Father and He cannot lie! (Enos 1:6).
The message and teachings we have are the most glorious in the world, no matter who we are, missionary or not, we need to share them! I invite you to share what you believe, bare testimony to a friend, share a photo on facebook, post something on instagram, send someone to mormon.org so we can chat with them, something! But share the gospel with the world, testify of what you know to be true, defend the truth of the gospel. I love Jeffery R. Hollands talk about defending our faith from General Conference, read/watch it, it's incredible.
If you do not have a testimony, i invite you to work on it, I know that this gospel is true, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, Joseph Smith was called of God to be a prophet and to restore Jesus Christ gospel so we can have it on the earth in these last days! Pray to know Heavenly Father is there and as you do, having faith you will receive an answer, he will circle you with His arms of love and you will not be able to deny at all, that He is there and that He loves you so much. YOU are a child of the most glorious being in the universe! As you come to know of his love it will lead to greater things, read the Book of Mormon, pray to know Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of God, pray to know the Book of Mormon is his word, but you must BELIEVE and have FAITH that you will receive an answer, I know you can, I have seen peoples lives change in a matter of minutes, I have seen miracles every day being here. I have no doubt that you will know for yourself, that these things are true.

I love you all so much, Thankyou for all the support and love you give me.
Love Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment