Transfer 6 Week 2

Sorry no email last week, due to transfers and me changing zones and having a different P-day I didn't get one last week. (Which is a killer)

So let's catch you up for the last week and a half! Feels like it was so long ago, but really it wasn't we had THE BEST district activity EVER! We went to the Moore's home and had an Aussie/Kiwi dinner and good night out! We got there and they had planned a surprise for us which was to be able to drive in a 1930's restored Ford! Okay, yes we are Sister Missionaries and I my self doesn't know anything about cars, but it was awesome! Hair blowing in the wind, waving at kids on the street driving through a typical 'movie like' american neighborhood. We got back and naturally took SO MANY photos! But then we got into the serious stuff, the food! We had AUSSIE/KIWI burgers! Burgers with the lot, Aussie BBQ style and it was the best!  We had ginger beer and everything, it was perfect! While eating we talked about missionary things advice, what we have learnt and there was an awesome spirit as we sat outside on a beautiful evening, we finished up and then came something even better, something I didn't think I could eat for 18 months! Pavlova with passion fruit drizzle! It was so delicious and my taste buds just came alive! It was the best thing ever! Elder Moore served his mission in Australia and so he has this amazing collection of Didgeridoo's that we all got to have a go at and he is a champion, he has some great talent, which is just awesome. It was all around a great night, laughs, fun, spirit and everything and we all left with our stomachs a little bit stretched from eating so much, haha. 

On a more spiritual note, the next day so much happened! Just before we went to Lyle's baptism, the Assistance to the President's called me in and wanted to speak with me about what my assignment will be next transfer. I sat down and we talked  a little bit about how President when looking for leadership in the mission was looking for exactly obedient missionaries to be an example to the Sisters and to help those that would be in their stewardship. Then came out and said, you have been called to be District Leader... I was taken back. Because everyone has said I would be training but every time I thought about it, it would leave my mind, I would have that stupor of thought that scriptures talk about, and my mind would go to, "no, you will be district leader'".
In that moment I realized that I knew how to receive revelation in a way I never have personally done so before, I knew it, but I needed someone to confirm to me what I was feeling was right! Which has now completely changed the way I see receiving revelation which is something that I am really going to need as I go into this new transfer... It was a great lesson to learn and something that has really helped me ever since, even for just the smallest of things that have made a big difference. 
They told me that I could tell my companion and seek her advice and so when I came out and I saw Sister Pipe I told her "well, we have something to talk about on the way to Lyle's baptism", she instantly knew what I had been assigned to do. 

But on our way we went to the baptism, it was a bit of a drive but we were there before we knew it and yes, we got lost finding the chapel (because there are so many here in Utah), but we got the right place! We walked in and we were super early, we got talking to a few people though and then we saw Lyle! He was in a suit and looking neat and clean and had everything in his arms ready to get going. We finally got to meet Joanna and Steve who have just been such a crucial part of Lyle's life being changed around and everything just made so much sense when we met them, they are a true example of Christ-like service and love and it was so amazing to see. We met the other missionaries that at helped Lyle and also met their Mission President which was wonderful, he was so grateful for the work we do on Temple Square it was a lovely encounter. Lyle got ready and the baptismal service began. It was full of the Spirit and so beautiful, you could see how excited and nervous he was all at the same time. The time came for the ordinance and seeing him as he walked into the water was so beautiful. Lyle's decision on the 25th October 2014, fulfilled prophesies thousands of years old that the seed of Lehi will receive the gospel in the Latter-days. I can't even explain to you the special spirit these people (meaning American Indians) have. They are so ready for the gospel and just need to be shown it. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true record of the American Indian people, I know that so strongly, they have such a beautiful spiritual connection with it, that just strengthens my testimony so much of the truthfulness of the record that is the Book of Mormon. Jesus Christ truly did come to the America's and minister to the people here, he let them touch his wounds and know that he is Jesus Christ, one by one. 
Lyle bore his testimony after being baptized and he just looked so pure and full of light, a whole new countenance! It was so incredible to see and you can just see how he knows these things to be true and it shows in how he has just completely changed his whole life around and found this peace and joy that comes from the gospel. 

Monday morning came and that means Transfer Conference! They did it completely different this transfer, and it was kinda cool! All they did was tell you, your companion, zone and district and you found out the rest of it later on. In my zone we were District 1, but they messed it all around so it was completely random, but my name was finally called and they said "Your new companion is Sister Huang, you're in East 1 and District 2, and you're District Leader." I was so happy! I had been thinking about where I would be serving and I felt that I would go back to the Beehive House and so it is! I'm back to the Beehive House and I am so excited!!! and my new companion is the cutest Asian in the mission, haha I love her so much! Sister Huang is from China! After this part of transfer conference we went to the Assembly Hall to hear the departing Sister's Testimonies. I have cried a lot the past couple of weeks knowing that 2 of my companions and favourite sisters in the mission were going home... but surprise! I didn't cry like I normally do! which was a miracle in its self. 

So now I am with my new companion and things are going good, we are still working everything out, but it's just the beginning. And we as a mission had an incredible beginning to our transfer, as for our Halloween mission activity. We did not celebrate with zombies, mummies, ghouls and vampires, but had a wonderful night all together at the temple. Last week I hadn't' been able to have personal studies at all, and it was absolutely killing me, I felt like I was spiritually dying. I tried to make up for studies, but I just couldn't last week was just so crazy! But I had a feeling that I needed to read 3 Nephi 11... but I didn't have any other time besides reading at a desk while no one was around. So I did, and though it wasn't in the most convenient circumstances, the Spirit was so strong as I read about Jesus Christ coming to the people and really putting myself in their shoes and what it would be like to personally interact with my Savior. We had dinner together and then we all went to the temple, it was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in the temple. From this experience I just gained a little perspective of what it will be like in the Celestial Kingdom, seeing these beautiful Sisters that I serve with in the temple, we all just had a glow about us, it was as if I was surrounded by concourses of angels, being the fellow sisters that I serve with, it was so beautiful. 

There is so much more that I could talk about, but I will leave it with my testimony that I know that my Redeemer lives and loves each one of us and as we ponder about what it will be like to personally interact with Him, what it would be like to hear his voice, how he would walk towards us, how we would put his arm around us, how he would smile at us, how he would teach us and so much more, as we ponder these things and have them in our hearts we will feel his presence in a way we never have before. It has been a humbling and wonderful experience to ponder these things and to really have it in my heart, because it also helps me realize how I need to treat others and how I need to teach our investigators and engage those that come to Temple Square.
It has already been a humbling experience this transfer as I learn my new responsibilities and come to learn and grow from the Sisters that the Lord has entrusted me with, I never thought that I would be assigned to a position like this in the mission and so knowing the Lord trusts me in this way is a wonderful experience. This will be a transfer of learning and development and I'm excited to see what I will learn and how it will help me grow. I know that I will need to rely on the Lord more than ever! Which is also something that I'm very excited about. 

Thank-you for everything. 

Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment