Transfer 6 Week 4

Okay, seriously, where has this transfer gone? I felt like it was P-day yesterday and now it's already week 4.... The mission goes by way too quickly, seriously you would never believe it until you experience it yourself!

Again not much happened this week, my emails will probably start getting boring until awesome stuff starts happening again, this week though we get to see the production "Savior Of The World" which is so exciting and the lights go on next week as well as preperations in the mission for Thanksgiving!! Temple Square is busily getting everything perfect and set up for the momentous moment where the lights turn on, we have been having Christmas Training and schedules will change soon, it's all rather hectic, but exciting! 

This past week not a whole lot happened! But We met a lot of really awesome people, like Paul, he is from Melbourne and we met him last Sunday night, I looked at him and he was looking at me and then stopped me as we were walking past and we got talking about Australia, we asked him about his time here on Temple Square and he said, "yeah it's good I took a tour and I got the Book" I looked confused, he wasn't holding anything and I said "what book?" (keep in mind this is at like 8pm at night and I'm exhausted and not thinking straight) "the Book... with a capital B" and then he pulls out a Book of Mormon out of the pocket of his skinny jeans! It was the funniest thing! Then we started to joke about how his pockets were tailor made Book of Mormon size pockets, haha. We exchanged emails and then met with him a couple of nights later at the Beehive House! We took him around and taught him the Restoration and it was a powerful and full of the spirit lesson, we are going to continue teaching him more, which is so exciting! The next day we saw him again in the North Visiting Center! and he was talking to one of the Sisters and then he came and walked with is to our Assembly Hall assignment, which fell through because there was a performance happening, so we walked around and went to the Tabernacle and watched the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Rehearse with him and got photos etc... and then outside it was SNOWING! it was the coolest thing ever, it was snowing a little bit before but now it was actually snowing and it was the coolest thing, to see real falling snow, I felt like a child in a toy store or something, I couldn't help but look up and feel it on my face and everything, I loved it so much! So Naturally 2 Aussies (where it does not snow) and a German (because I was on exchanges with Sister Hadzik) we got a photo in the snow and it was super awesome. We said goodbye and it was just the perfect end to the night. 

We have met some other really cool people which we are excited to teach, we have had to drop a lot which is really sad... but we know the Lord will provide us with prepared and elect people as we have the faith to drop people who aren't going anywhere... We don't give up on them, we just can't focus our time on those who aren't going to do anything when there are people right now who are diligently seeking for the light and truth that the Restored Gospel brings, our missions are only 18 months, it is only a short time, we have to use this time given to us so wisely, all will receive the gospel when they are ready, we must do our best and the Lord will so the rest. But among all of that, there is also a Navajo family that Sister Pipe met on the Square, that are now preparing for baptism all together which is so exciting! They are so wonderful and already have the Temple as their goal, I love working with them and feeling of their growing love for the gospel and see how it truly is blessing their family. They will all be baptized together except one who is 5, but by the time that happens Bruce will be able to baptize him, which is an absolute wonderful thought! While teaching her one day the whole family was there and it was the sweetest experience to just hear over the phone all the children say "Amen" at the end of the prayer. I love this work so much, this is for the Lord and those beautiful children of God we have the honor and blessing of meeting. It is amazing to know that the Lord trusts me so much with these wonderful people and I just love them all so much!  

On a different note, there are so many scriptures that have really touched my heart this week, it has been awesome! I love the scriptures so much, they scriptures give me so much comfort and really testify to me of the Lord awareness for each of us, and how He is in every little detail of our lives. Every day in personal study I know it's not by chance that I am up to a certain part in the scriptures or I feel the need to study something, I know it comes from the Lord, because He knows what I need and He knows how to help me in the best way possible. Some of the scriptures I loved this week were:

"Look unto me in every thought ; doubt not, fear not. " - Doctrine and Covenants 6:36
"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." - 1 Peter 5:7
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  - Philippians 4:13
"I will not leave you comfortless : I will come to you. " - John 14:18
"Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word;.." - Alma 5:7

And so many more, but these scriptures, so short, yet so powerful! They entered my heart so greatly and as I continue to study the scriptures and study topics like faith, humility, the atonement and lessons for my investigators, the Spirit is so amazing and always tells us exactly what we need to hear or what we need to read. 

"Do your best, your very very best. Say your prayers and word hard and leave the Harvest to the Lord" - Gordon B Hinckly

I have come to learn that feeling overwhelmed, inadequate, scared, like 'your not good enough', is a sense of pride. Because it means we are not relying on the Lord the way we ought to be... We are not giving ourselves to him to let Him help us become the person He knows we can become. When I realized this I knew I needed to change and ever since that, I have realized that I don't need to feel the way that I have been because He is there for me, to make up the difference for what I lack. It's a lesson that is being taught to me little by little and it's been incredible to witness the difference it is making in my mission. Something that I am constantly striving to do is to give my whole self to the Lord, not holding anything back, and little by little I'm doing this, and it's not easy, it is so hard sometimes but there are so many blessings that come from it. Just like in my email last week when I talked about Mosiah 4. 

I love my mission so much, I didn't think it was possible to learn so much in such a short amount of time, and I love how much closer to my Savior I am becoming. The mission is the best thing I have ever done and I'm only half way through! I have a lot more to go and I wish it would never end! 
I love the gospel, I love the Book of Mormon, I love the knowledge I have of a living prophet, I love serving on Temple Square, I love the Beehive House (even if it sometimes is a bit creepy, especially at night), I love the Sisters, I love Preach My Gospel, I love it all so much. I know the gospel is true, I know it and I can't deny it. I have witnessed too many marvelous things and incredible miracles to ever deny it. I love seeing how the gospel changes peoples lives. I love my Savior, Redeemer, Best friend and Brother, Jesus Christ.

I love you all!

Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment