Transfer 6 Week 5

Hi everyone!

So much happened this week but the email service is going crazy and we have a zone activity to attend, so I'm not sure how much I will be able to write. I'll do my best! 
We have some incredible investigators that are just doing so amazingly! We have been able to witness so many incredible miracles and find some wonderfully amazing and elect and prepared people. Most of our investigators right now are really progressing towards baptism, they want it, they know it's true and are just going for it! We are so excited! and to top it all off, Sister Huang and I have become more united than ever and it's just been an incredible experience. We are teaching people from all over, Texas, England, Illinois, China (living in the States), Australia, Arizona. It's really all so exciting. We are excited to see how it all turns out and we are really doing all we can to help these people come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. This transfer I truly feel that I have engraved my purpose in my heart. I have never relied so much on the resources given to us as missionaries as much as I have this transfer, to become the missionaries the Lord would have us be. I am becoming a Preach My Gospel missionary and I turn to it for everything, more than I ever have before and I'm loving it!
For the past couple of weeks there has been something pressing my mind so greatly and I thought it was just me, I decided to pray about it after remembering that thoughts pressing on the mind are a way the Spirit communicates with us. When praying I felt the greatest impression to talk to my Mission President about it. I knew I needed to and so I did. I spoke with him and I said "this has been on my mind for weeks, I've prayed about it and I knew I needed to come and talk with you about it... I feel like I need to extend a week... I don't even know if it is possible, but I have truly become converted to General Conference on my mission and I feel that I should extend and be here for another one, I don't know if it is possible, but I know I needed to ask you about it." We talked about it and he gave me a few options, got on the computer and next thing I know, my release date has been changed from 30th September 2015 to the 5th October 2015. President said "You will be in a trio and on someone's couch for a few days, is that okay?" I laughed and told him "I will do anything! " know it's not that great of a difference, but I can not even describe how amazing it felt! 1. I knew I was learning to recognize the spirit and acted on the promptings given. 2. I get to be here for another General Conference! 3. I felt like a ton of weight was lifted off my chest that I didn't even realize were there. 4. I get to be a missionary for a little longer than originally thought and that's an amazing feeling! I know it is right and I know I did the right thing.
Thursday night we got to see the production Savior of the World (which I found out one of my friends was in) and it was not what I was expecting at all, yet it absolutely blew my mind! Not a single person could see that production without feeling the Spirit, it brings so much to mind and really makes you think about what it would have been like for everyone involved at the time of Jesus Christ. It was while watching that I realized the strength of my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ, you only see him twice in the production (which I know is weird, but there is a reason and it's just too hard to explain so you just have to see it) and each time I saw him, I couldn't help but 1. Bawl my eyes out of happiness and love 2. Wish I was on the stage having that interaction with him, that I could be in front of him, talking with him, being in His presence. It just made me so excited to see him again. Made me so excited to get out on the square and bear testimony of Him and that He lives! I miss him so much and I can't wait for the day that he wraps his arms around me and greets me with the biggest smile! I love my Savior so much, I will do anything for him. That is why I am serving a mission, because I love Him and I know this is what He needs me to do at this time and I want to be an instrument in His hands and let him mold me into the person he knows I can become through Him.

With Christmas coming up also there is an amazing campaign called He is the Gift (#ShareTheGift). It is an incredible initiative created by the brethren and they have put so much into it! I invite you to make the most of it! It starts the 28th November that the video will be released and christmas.mormon.org will be up and running. Please, please, please! be a part of this and Discover, Embrace and Share the Gift with everyone you can! Share with the the world your testimony of the Savior and how you have let Him change your life. Let your light shine and you let Him shine at this time, Him being the reason we have it, and share this beautiful gift given to us by our loving Heavenly Father! (John 3:16). I know that Jesus Christ, our brother, best friend, Savior, Redeemer, HE is the GIFT! 

"Christmas is a time of reflection on what we can become because of God’s sacred gift. As we discover the gift, we learn of the immeasurable love of God and our absolute need for a Savior. As we embrace the gift, we strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ and our desire to become more like Him. As we share the gift, we follow in the Master’s footsteps, who invited all to hear His message. May we find greater holiness in our own lives and share the gift with others this Christmas season." 
- Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Just this past Sunday it was also my birthday! & I just wanted a few things for my birthday, 1. I wanted it to snow 2. For the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to wear bright blue 3. For the bells to play and 4. To see Sister Gibson. And all of it happened! The Lord just loves me so much and is so aware! It was because of Him that my day was made so special, I know it! There is no such thing as luck when it comes to this stuff, haha. It was incredible day, I left the apartment to my door covered in Happy Birthday goodness, we went to Music and the Spoken Word (Thanksgiving Special), my roommates and Sister Huang and I had a pizza party for dinner, Sister Huang made brownie cupcakes and wrote "Happy Birthday" in Chinese, it was all simple but so amazing and I had the most amazing day, we got to teach a lot of our investigators and also picked up some formers that are now working towards baptism with their family! My day was absolutely made and I was so happy! Dead exhausted by the end of the day, but happy.
I love this work and I love the Lord so much, everything has been so amazing and I just feel so blessed! We have been given so much and with Thanksgiving coming up, whether you celebrate it or not, it is a wonderful day where we can all make a list and thank Heavenly Father for what we are grateful for. I am grateful for so much and I don't have nearly enough time to start writing it all and I'd probably be on my knees for a few hours if I told the Lord everything, but really think about it. Because when you really think about it, you're happy and life is good. I'm grateful for everything my Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father have given me, the gospel, the scriptures, a living prophet, the calling to serve here on Temple Square, my family, boyfriend, friends, temples, the Spirit, books, photos, journals, history, the Beehive House, the opportunity to teach people and on and on. All of these things are evidences of God's Love, I invite you to ponder about them and make a list and tell the Lord. The more you think of, the easier it becomes to think of even more things to be grateful for.

I love you all, Happy Thanksgiving and wish me luck as they turn the lights on Temple Square this week! (dead from exhaustion 11:30pm nights from now on... luckily we can wake up at 7:30am.)
Thank-you for all you do! May you continue to feel or begin to feel the love of the Lord in your life daily.
Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment