Transfer 7 Week 4

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I can't believe it's already 2015! 

This past week was the best week we have had together (Sister Martin and I) we saw so many miracles from contacting and met a lot of really awesome people, had a lot of really great street lessons and it was just great!

This week I truly understood how the Lord speaks to us through the Spirit, so many times this week I said things that I would never have the courage to say, simply because I opened my mouth and the Lord filled it with what He would have me say. It was incredible to witness and it gave me a testimony of the power and authority we do have as missionaries of our Savior Jesus Christ. There is this one guy we talk to all the time at the Park (Rob), who we have taught and read the Book of Mormon with, he saw us the other day and we got talking and then it led to us inviting him to be baptized and he said he already was... The Lord said through me (because I wouldn't have said it) "By what authority?" and he said the priest's and then I asked, "and where do they get their authority?" he was stumped and then we continued to teach him about baptism for infants as given in Moroni 9 and he was totally good with it! It was incredible! We are going to meet with him again just to see how sincere he is soon and teach him more before we pass him off to the respective Elders, due to him not being YSA sadly. 

We also got a new investigator that we will be seeing soon, Jobina! we met her contacting at a shopping center and we sung Joseph Smiths First Prayer to her and she was almost in tears and allowed us to teach her more and give her a Book of Mormon, she recognized how good it felt as we sung and taught and we bore testimony that the good feeling she was having came from the Spirit which was bearing testimony of the truths we taught and now she wants to get her Mum involved! All of this because we have last minute dinner plans and decided to contact near by! The Lord is in EVERY detail of our lives, without a shadow of a doubt! 

We met a woman and her husband last night contacting once again, she has scars on her face and a deformed left hand, but she has just spent a lot of money on food for the homeless, she shared her story and expressed her faith in Jesus Christ and we shared that because of Him, she will become perfect after this life which she knew and gave her great joy, she was a women of such faith and a Christ-like Charity that I have never behold in someone ever before. We shared the Book of Mormon with her telling her that through it, she would come closer to Jesus Christ, she took it and just hugged it as if it were a child and she didn't want to let go with tears in her eyes and it was just the sweetest and most tender moment. A look that I will never forget. Her taxi came and her helped her and her husband load everything into the car, we told her to go onmormon.org as we didn't get time to get her number. she said she would and leave a donation and I said "no, no donation, we only ask that you go and send missionaries to yourself so they can teach you more about the Book of Mormon" she said she would, gave us both a hug and before we knew it they were gone. Never before have I met someone for such a small period of time and desired there getting to the Celestial Kingdom so badly! I know I will see her there, because I know her Spirit has already accepted the truth of the Gospel and that gives me great peace. 

This week I finished the Book of Mormon! It was my goal to finish it by the end of the year and on the 31st December in personal study I did it! I started it the 29th September and I did it with wanting to gain a greater testimony of it being another testament of Jesus Christ. As I read, I marked in yellow every time I saw a name of our Savior and now looking back I love seeing how much yellow is in my Book of Mormon! I know that it is another testament of Him. I know that it is a true record of God and tells of the divinity, ministry, power and everything else the Savior has.  As i knelt in prayer I just felt a warmth spread throughout me and I knew it was the Spirit and I know with all I have that it is true. I felt like I had never read it before, though it was my 3rd time reading it last year. I love the Book of Mormon and I invite all to make a plan to study it every day, go to the Lord and pray about it, He knows what you are capable of, he knows you perfectly! I know you can do it, and I know that if you desire it, you will gain that testimony of truth. 

I love you all, thank-you for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment