Transfer 7 Week 7

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY! 
I may not be in the beautiful land of Australia, but it's a warm winter here in sunny California, Vegemite on toast for breakfast, TimTam slams will come later today with REAL Milo! and there is a family that lived in Aussie for a 4 years and they are having us over for dinner and Family Home Evening, I'll be well looked after, and yes. I'm reppin' the Green and Gold! 

Last week of the longest transfer of my life and it still went by super quickly! 
To be honest, besides amazing lessons with our awesome investigators, nothing really happened, but it was a great week! 

So a couple of weeks ago, Elders put flour on our car, needless to say we were SO MAD and they offered to pay for the car wash, keeping in mind we just recently got the car washed and it was zone conference coming up and that means car inspections and so we were super mad! But, tender mercy of the Lord, a man payed for our car wash and so we told them they didn't have to worry about it, but they were desperate to make up for it, so we said fine, make us some cookies and we will call it even, they said "done!" we were not really expecting anything.... BUT THEY DID IT! and they were really good, make from scratch by the elders, so sweet. All is well in Zion.

We have a couple of exchanges this week that were filled with laughs, getting lost, taking the wrong turns, being late for appointments because of Cali Traffic... and milkshakes and other wonderful things, I haven't laughed this much in a while and it feels good! Laughter truly is the best medicine. 

I read a talk today in the Ensign (from forever ago) about Joseph Smith, It is called "Stand by my Servant Joseph" It was really amazing, I really got to thinking about my testimony of Joseph Smith and what it means to me and how I make the most of that every day of my life. 

I read the following statement and it really got me thinking about this "The Holy Ghost is eager to confer this sustaining knowledge upon us because the testimony of Joseph’s work and mission is key and central to our testimony of the knowledge that is most important of all: that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer,the literal living Son of our living Heavenly Father."

My testimony of Joseph Smiths goes far deeper than I know that he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, that he translate the Book of Mormon, and that he was called as a prophet to open this last dispensation, the fullness of times, a time where God would restore all things, but it encompasses my testimony of my Savior. 
I think about how I obtained my testimony and relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ and it was through the Book of Mormon, and we have that because of Joseph Smith. 
He went through so much, his life and sacrifices have created a legacy of faith for every one of us, the world has been changed by this man and the world doesn't even know it. Joseph Smith could NOT have 'written' the Book of Mormon, it had to come from God, this I know to be true. 
The Book of Mormon is too perfect to come from an uneducated farm boy. The Book of Mormon is the most ridiculed and persecuted book in the history of the world and it still stands! He went through so much, he sealed his testimony with his blood, a man would not have made all of this up, he couldn't have, and if he loved God that much, he simply wouldn't have. I don't worship the man by any means, but am I grateful for how what he under the direction of the Lord, changed my life? Absolutely! 

I love this gospel and for all the things it has given me, I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for his perfect awareness for every single one of us. 

My invitation to you is to read the Book of Mormon and have in your mind, could Joseph Smith made this all up? If you want to know that it comes from God, I know by asking that question you will have it answered very quickly. 

Sister Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment