Transfer 7 Week 6


I can't believe it, it's all flashing before my eyes! 

This week was really hard, but also really incredible, filled with spiritual insights and miracles. 

We found 3 new investigators this week, Armon, Azadeh and a referral Reece. They are all incredible and really searching these things out to know for themselves, they have either come to church or a fireside and it's been awesome to finally see the work coming alive! Each of them was a miracle and tender mercy of the Lord, and I'm so grateful to know the Lord trusts me with these beloved children of His. 

It was to the point I started to doubt why I was here in California, it didn't make sense with everything that was going on... But the Lord is in every detail of our lives, and I set a goal to read The Doctrine and Covenants before March, I'm currently very much ahead and in D&C 107. The other day I was up to section 100 after not having read any the previous day, and it was a day I was feeling miserable and just unsure. then I read verse 4 which said; 
"Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls." 
and it hit me and I knew in that moment that I was sent here for the salvation of souls, this is the Lords will and I will accomplish it if I am faithful and cleave unto Him.  It was incredible and then reading verses 12 & 15
"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end.... Therefore, let your hearts be comforted; for all things shall work together for good to them that walk uprightly, and to the sanctification of the church."

It was an incredible experience and one that meant so much to me, it really showed me the Lords awareness and His will concerning me and my calling to do this work, where ever it may be.

I was also praying and asking the Lord for help, telling him my doubts and stresses and then the scripture came to my mind Alma 26:27
"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions , and I will give unto you success."
In that moment I really understood how Ammon and his brethren felt, they wanted to go home, I wanted to leave California and go back to Temple Square, but the Lord comforted me, the way he did with that scripture and after that, I did see success and we saw miracles with our investigators. I lived the scripture and it was the coolest experience ever! I really did understand where there hearts were and how it felt, and then the incredible joy that came from the Lord after that! 

The work is amazing no matter where you are, it's different, but amazing and now I know why I was sent here to California (for more reasons than I possibly have the time to write) and I'm excited and ready to make the most of my time left here. I love it so much here, it's been an incredible learning experience, everything else is a far away dream, this is the life and it's the best. 

I love this work, I love the Lord and I love His Restored Gospel. We have EVERY reason to be the HAPPIEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD! so let our light shine before the world and lets show everyone through example how truly happy the gospel of Jesus Christ makes us! I know as you do, you will see people change and you will be able to help them also come closer to Christ, simply because of your example. 

Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment