Transfer 10 Week 5

I almost don't know what to write about which doesn't often happen, but this week was a great week!
Last weekend being able to Skype home was really amazing, it's weird to think the next time I see my family will be in person at the airport. Luckily that's a while a way! (Family I love you, but I love my mission so much!) 

We have contacted some amazing people and seen some miracles, being able to see hearts change and come closer to God. 
We are really placing in the Lord all of our trust and faith as half of our teaching pool recently is not doing anything and we have had to drop them because they are not really "investigating" or doesn't want to keep in contact anymore, so it's been a little more difficult and we are in the process of finding, but those we have currently and that we are finding are doing great things! 
Our Jewish investigator who I wrote about last week really enjoyed reading the Book of Mormon (Alma 32) naturally has questions but has even asked us if there was a service he could attend! I almost died when we got the text! For the past 2 transfers we have struggled to get our investigators to church and now he is just asking us where it would be and is wanting it for himself! 

It has really just been amazing and it goes to beautifully with the study I had this week in Chapter 9 of Preach My Gospel about finding people. I went into my study with 4 questions. After having read "And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;" - Doctrine and Covenants 29:7. A question came into my heart; "What does the elect look like?" Through this question I received so much revelation on who to look for and what they will do as they receive this message, just like it says in Preach My Gospel "Such people will recognize that you are the Lord’s servants. They will be willing to act on your message. Many of these people have been “kept from the truth [only] because they know not where to find it” ... "Usually you do not know who these people are. They may not immediately recognize that you are the Lord’s servants. They may not understand that greater peace,direction, and purpose in life will come through the restored gospel than from anything else. They often do not realize that they are looking for the restored gospel until they have found it." 
As I have prayed to be spiritually aware of these people it has been easier to contact on the Square and even off the Square and bring things back to the gospel, to cut out the chatter and get straight to the point of our purpose. Our time is so precious and we can't waste it at all, we need to be looking for those that as it says “kept from the truth [only] because they know not where to find it” - Doctrine and Covenants 123:12. 

Today we had an iPad training for the Sisters that have come back from outbound in the past 2 transfers and also the 1st and 2nd transfer Sisters. I was able to receive a lot of revelation, what I really loved about it, that it wasn't a case of this is how to use it and how to teach with it, but ways that technology will bless our lives forever and how to set goals and make plans to use it the way the Lord intended. Elder Don R. Clarke and Brother Donaldson gave the instruction. I learned a lot, for not only my mission but my post-mission. But the Lord made really evident to me that I am a successful missionary, even if at the moment it's a bit hard to find, teach, invite and help these wonderful sons and daughters of God get on the path that leads to eternal life. I am successful and now I get it! Now I understand why in every blessing the Lord always tells me that He is proud of me for the work I'm doing. I always knew I was and I always felt it, even in hard times, but today it was different. 
Elder Clark was talking about how when we go home people will say "You're so weird, when will you become normal again?" if our missions really changed us we can say confidently "I spent 18 months becoming this weird, and I'm keeping it that way."
The Savior was called and went through much worse than being called "weird", the prophets of old, the apostles, in the Bible and Book of Mormon were called much worse than "weird", so you know what?! I'm totally okay with it! 

I have grown so much in so many ways on my mission, I can't let the Savior down and turn back on all that I have learnt, no way! My mission needs to be my Peter moment, the moment where I can truly say "Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee." and have it change me forever, because that day is the day that Peter strode into eternity and became the chief Apostle, being able to go and declare Jesus Christ to all! Baptizing thousands in His name, and helping so many come unto Christ, never mind the persecution that they suffered, none of that matters which is why I have come to really love the scripture Acts 5:41-42 "And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name....And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.When there is a hard day and I'm feeling weighed down, this scripture always lifts up my heart because I represent Jesus Christ at this time, it is such a sacred and incredible calling that we have as missionaries and I am so grateful that the Lord counts me worthy do to this incredible and important work. 

I love the scriptures and the resources we are given as missionaries to learn and grow in ways that wouldn't be possible if not coming on a mission. The Spirit that we feel and the way we can testify and promise blessings in ways that can only be given by set apart representatives of Jesus Christ with that power and authority to do so. 

I know that these things are true and I know there is a God who loves us so much because we are His children and he is our Heavenly Father, I know a simple man could not have written such a book as the Book of Mormon, it's not just stories, it's a true record of ancient people in the Americas, it was translated by power and authority from God, to us because of His great love for us, my testimony of Joseph Smith goes far deeper than bringing forth the word of God and being a living prophet, but because of that I have come to know my Savior Jesus Christ. I love the Bible, it's amazing, but it doesn't not teach me about the Atonement the way the Book of Mormon does. I love the scriptures and love feasting upon them and having the Spirit teach me so many wonderful and marvelous things that I need personally. 
It's true, I know it with all I have, and I love sharing it with all who I encounter. It changes lives, but only the humble that harden not their hearts to the truths contained in it. I love my Savior, I need Him always and I'm grateful for all he did for me and does for me today! He helps me in ways that I know I don't even understand just yet. But one day little by little I will come to understand because that's how he learned himself, little by little, line upon line and I'm grateful I am like him in more ways than I am aware of. It helps me feel so much closer to Him and it also helps me realize that I truly have a divine nature because of that. 

Thank-you all for everything! Stay Strong, Keep on Keeping On! & more than anything, please. Do not give up on the one that loves you more than anything. If you have given up or lost hope, please find it, please pray to Him and seek Him out, if you are open, humble and have real intent, it will happen. 

Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment