Transfer 11 Week 1

Hi There!

So, it's only been a few days since I last emailed, so not much has happened, but it's the start of a new transfer which means different companions, assignments, etc. 
This transfer everything happened late, it's been crazy in the mission with Summer coming and also Mission Tour, things were thrown a little out of wack. 

Sunday night we we're walking past President Poulsen's office getting ready to go to the Square to baptize the world, and he turns to Sister Christensen and says "Can I steal your companion for just a minute?"... I walk into his office and sit on the chair next to the clock as always and he sits down and says "We are calling you to be a Zone Leader... the mission needs lifting right now and it's going to take obedience, diligence, love, following the Spirit, and doing things the Lords way, we're counting on you" shook my hand and that was it! It happened so quick it didn't even feel real. 

Monday morning Transfer Conference, early morning, everyone is tired but anxious to know who their next companion is! Sitting there waiting for my name to be called, and it actually happened while other Sisters were being told who their Zone Leaders were "You're Zone Leaders are.... Sister Orndal [insert me thinking "I hope my name is next"] and Sister Ryan!" I freaked out!!! No way, this couldn't be happening! 
 
I AM COMPANIONS WITH MY BEST FRIEND IN THE MISSION! 
I had a feeling we would be companions after I found out that I was a Zone Leader, but having it be real is just so crazy! It hasn't hit me yet that this is real life, I still just feel like we are on exchanges or something, haha. 
In my 4th transfer (her 5th), I remember talking (joking) about how we would be Zone Leaders together towards the end of our missions, and now it's real! Not only that, but we are in the BEEHIVE HOUSE!!! I'm a Bee again! 
This is the dream transfer, it doesn't get better than this! We are so ready to work and to help the Sisters in every way we can, helping them not only work hard but work smart, helping them really be the missionaries the Lord would have them be, especially as we serve in the Beehive House, helping our Brothers and Sisters come unto Christ as we testify of Restored truths in a Prophets home. 

I am excited to set goals and make plans for this transfer, I have started and I'm excited to take them to the Lord, to help me refine them and have Him help me understand my true potential and what I can accomplish. It's going to be a fun transfer but I know I will be taken to my knees a lot for assistance, help, guidance and comfort. I'm excited to testify once more in the Beehive House of the Book of Mormon and Living Prophets, to grow in my leadership capabilities, to work with Sister Orndal, to work with our amazing zone that we have, to study and apply Christ-like attributes and to find my new door to the Atonement, to unlock it with Christ, because He is the key. 

I wish I had more to write than that, but I don't... So I promise next week will be a better email!!!

Remember the Church is true, the Book is Blue and Moroni is on the Ball! 
I love this gospel, I love sharing and bearing my testimony to all of the truthfulness of it, I love being a tool in the Lords hands, doing this work and serving this mission which is His.
This work is the best there is! I know that these things are true, I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that it is given to us because of His great love to us. 
I love knowing that I can continue to learn and grow in the gospel and in my knowledge of scriptures and who my Savior is and what He did for me [and for all of us], that there will always be things to learn, always something new to find or to have a greater understanding of.
I know that Christ Lives, I know he understands and loves all of us so individually! His arms are always wide open, he give His life so that we could walk into them and receive His love and mercy, so that we can repent and come unto Him.

Love, Sister Ryan xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment