Transfer 10 Week 6

I can't believe it's week 6 already, transfers next week! 
I really don't know what to write because there was not much that happened this week. 

We had Mission Tour yesterday with Elder Mervyn B. Arnold and his beautiful wife. It was really amazing all the things we learned and the applications we can now apply, I took many notes and received a lot of revelation! 
It's so funny though because even though it was how to increase our effectiveness as missionaries, I gained so much more than that, I really gained a testimony that it doesn't matter what your background, how much money you have, what your education level is, if you have a dream to accomplish great things you can do it! I learned that I can not afford to limit my potential in this short time we have called 'life', to learn to grow and to make the most of every experience. Just like in the mission! 
This past week I have really been seeing things with a greater eternal perspective, it has helped me greatly and increased my faith in many things pertaining to missionary work and also post-mission things. I look at people now and think of them in white, asking the question, "How can I help this brother or sister of mine to come unto Christ and receive eternal life?".  It has changed the way that I contact people and the way that I look for the elect, the way that I testify and teach, through this I have really been able to "fear no man" (Doctrine and Covenants 60:2). I am excited to continue to apply these things I have learnt this transfer from all the meetings we have had, personal revelation I have receives and my testimony of the gospel that has increasingly grown so greatly!

Recently I had a really good talk with my Father in Heaven and felt very comforted by Him and my Savior as I prayed, He called me to repentance big time and it was so amazing! I know that sounds crazy, but repentance is so beautiful and it really sets you free, it strengthens you and you really do come so much closer to Christ, you become so much more like Him as you repent. But, as I prayed I was led to so many scriptures that really comforted my heart and helped me realize what I now need to do, and what I was already doing. 
I felt so at peace, knowing that I had been sanctified and cleansed through the Holy Ghost, just as it says in the scriptures, I felt light and really just ready to give the Lord everything that I have, I woke up the next morning the happiest I have been in a long time! Sister Christensen can testify I was "annoyingly peppy" working out the next morning, haha. 
Last night however, I wondered... when was the last time I really felt that Heavenly Father was individually aware of me, besides from the other night... I pondered this and sadly realized it had been a little while... However, I am here to testify to you that He is aware, He answers prayers, and He knows the thoughts and intents of our hearts (Alma 18:32)
Today in a meeting we had this morning with Sister Arnold, I really felt that individual awareness and love, because what I gained from the meeting was not at all what was being talked about. It was incredible and it was an answers to prayers that I prayed a while ago and right now was the right moment that I needed those answers, that encouragement to follow my dreams and to accomplish great things in my life! I can't do anything about the past, but I can change everything about the future and the future is so bright and full of hope! 

"The future is as bright as your faith" - President Thomas S. Monson

I know that my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ know me by name, I lived with them ages before this life and I have many of their attributes, gifts and talents that I am still developing and even discovering. I know they love me [and every one of us] with an infinite love, so much so that He sent His only Begotten Son, to atone for the sins, sorrows, pains and afflictions of the world. He understands, everything, in incredible detail, He gets it! More then we even recognize and understand, He gets it! Trust in Him and you can't go wrong, trust in His light and truth, trust in his love and atoning sacrifice that makes all things possible. His arms of mercy are extended, always open, never closed, it's up to us to walk into them and to feel of that embrace, of that peace that only comes through the Messiah (Alma 5:33, John 14:27). 

Don't take my word for it, test the waters, see for yourself, pray to know that love, pray to see things how they really are, pray to know how much They love you so much! and I know He will make it known unto you. (John 7:17

Love, Sister Ryan xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment