Transfer 9 Week 1

I can't believe the time has come and my three months are up! 
Being a part of the California San Jose Mission was such an incredible experience, during my personal studies this morning I pondered and wrote down all the things I have learnt in this experience and came up with 3 pages full (some spiritual, some funny), there is obviously still a lot more that I can not put in words, but this experience will always be so tender, dear and  held close to my heart and I am so grateful I got to be a part of it. 

I have learnt so much about my personal testimony, teaching styles, faith to #FindTheOne, how changing ones mindset can change everything, so many glorious and amazing things about the Atonement and how it applies in my life in a completely new way than it ever really had before (I have opened a new door to the Atonement), I have learnt what it means and how I can "Light them Up!" (The CSJM Unofficial Motto), to hear an Apostle of the Lord say that he knows the Saviors voice!, to serve and to work with members, to share messages with them and get them excited to do the work with us, to have the companions I've had, especially Sister Jesson and Sister Pockrus who I just love so much, they have been perfect for me and we have developed a friendship that will last the eternities, I know that we must have begged Heavenly Father for us to be companions in this life and He said we could, even though I would be else where serving Him and He made it possible.
I LOVE THIS MISSION! 
Part of me is so sad to go home (to Temple Square), but the other part of me is also really excited to head back, to apply the things I have learned and to become a greater tool in the Lords hands.

This past week, we saw so many miracles! It was incredible and by far one of the best weeks of my Outbound experience... 
With the new mind set and goal of finding 6 new investigators a week, we reached 4! and though it's not 6, it's A LOT better than the 0's we've had the past month. 
The CJSM has changed a few things while I've been here, the vision and standards of excellence being some of those things and it is the new standard of excellence to reach 6 new investigators a week (1 a day #FindTheOne) 
All these beautiful daughters of God are so special and have been prepared in their own individual ways. Gidget, Jeamen, Cristina and Coral. 
I can't wait to see what happens, especially with Coral who now has a baptismal date for the 28th March! I found her when contacting at a Target Car park, we had split up to find and reach out to more people and I felt prompted to go a certain way, scared I woulnd not be able to see my companions, I knew I had to go, it was dark and scary, but I knew I had to heed the prompting, and there I found Coral and her son Jacob, who had just had car problems and couldn't talk long, but awkwardly said I would love to share a message about Jesus Christ with them and we exchanged numbers and she got in contact with us a week later and we met with her the next day! She was waiting out the front of her house for us to welcome us in! She is so willing and ready and there Spirit was incredibly strong in the lesson of the Restoration, we taught and we got to the part about the Priesthood and it all made sense to her and then she said "It makes sense, your congregations keep growing, and God wouldn't let that happen if it wasn't true, it has to be true" Right there and then I said "Coral, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone with this authortity?" and with her reply of "yes" Sister Jesson said "We will be holding a baptismal service on March 28th, will you prepare yourself to be baptized on that day?" and she said she will! She explained to us how she felt, this incredible joy and good feeling in her heart, she said she wanted to cry, but was holding it back. I want to testify that MIRACLES HAPPEN! And though I am sad to leave and she is sad that I am leaving, I will remain in contact with her and I look forward to being a part of her journey of faith and conversion. Jeamen also is amazing a young girl who just is the sweetest and funniest thing in the world, we are sure she will play a crucial role in the returning of her mother to the gospel. 

I love missionary work, I love every aspect of it, I love California. I love the Gospel and I love sharing it with everyone I see! I'm so grateful for this honor and privilege of serving the Lord and I look forward to becoming an even more useful tool in the Lords hands. There is power in the Book of Mormon! Read it, Pray about it. I KNOW you will receive your answer as you follow Moroni's promise with exactness.

The worth of souls is so GREAT in the sight of God! (D&C 18:10-15,16) I have caught the Vision of the California San Jose Mission and I'm taking it back to the Square with me and adding it to our Divine Obsession for baptism and conversion.
Love, Sister Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment