Transfer 9 Week 2

I don't even know what to say about this week, so much has happened!
We have found many new investigators, taken a lot of tours, talked to a lot of people, been with Jacque, had ice-cream at Farrs, went to the Temple, Music and the Spoken Word, saw Sister Pockrus' Family!, had crazy companionship studies where we couldn't speak and did jumping jacks to try and calm us down, TimTam Slams, set goals, taken some amazing and not so amazing chats, learning about our new assignment, CELEBRATED MY 1 YEAR ON THE MISSION! everything! 

I Love Training! Sister Christensen is the best, we have learnt and grown so much together, in all aspects of the work. She is an absolute power house and I know why the Lord put us together, we are the perfect combination and we were a match made in Heaven!... literally, I know it was inspired of the Lord that we were to be companions, I learn so much from her every day, some times she is the one training me, which I knew would happen, but I didn't realize to what extent (Sister Magidson, I'm sorry for never believing you, now I get it!, haha).
The Lord has blessed us with so many incredible miracles and I know it's because we are giving it our all, we are literally trying to give everything we have and put it on the alter of sacrifice and it is really hard and sometimes we fail, but it has been an incredibly rewarding experience for what we have been able to accomplish through faith and love in the Lord. We have met 4 new investigators in the last week and they have all been so beautifully prepared by the Lord. (Alma 16:16)

Just yesterday we met this incredible man, who was a pastor for different denominations for many years and now feels lost and empty and hasn't really had any sort of religion in his life for about 2 years, he noticed how a co-worker of his lived her life and found out she was Mormon, and now everything he has ever known about Mormons he is finding out was completely false, he has studied all of Mormon.org and different things and had very few concerns and the concerns he had we nothing to really be concerned about, just a little more understanding was needed. We taught the Restoration to him today and he was really leading the lesson, he was asking what was next, he was the one leading into the next points, asking questions about what we believe about prophets and things, explained perfectly to us about how so many religions came about and has such great faith in our Savior, more than all of that, even before we started the lesson, Sister Christensen invited him to be baptized and he said yes! It was eaily one of the best lessons I have had over the phone in my entire mission. He was prepared by the Lord for the last 30 years to receive the gospel at this exact moment, and now he is starting to see the plan that Heavenly Father has for him and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a massive part of that! I could just feel the Lords love for him so greatly as we taught him and I know there was things said that didn't come from me, but came from Him. It is such a blessing and priviledge to know the Lord trusts us so much with our Brothers and Sisters that he would allow us imperfect and young missionaries to teach people who have been in ministry longer than we have been alive such important things such as the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. 

And there are many other incredible people we have met, who we know will enter into the waters of baptism as they come to know the truthfulness of the message we share.

I can't believe I have been on my mission for a year! We went to the temple this morning and as we were sitting in the celestial room my heart filled with gratitude for the opportunity I have had to serve this past year on Temple Square and also San Jose California, where both places I have learned so much and become just a part of what Heavenly Father needs me to be. I love being a missionary so much and I never want it to end, I never want to leave Temple Square and take off my tag. I love knowing I can promise these people blessings that come from the Lord and being able to help them come unto Christ in a way that is so essential. Everything from the schedule, to the gift of discernment in being able to help them in the way that is needed because you are so much more available to spiritual promptings as you pray specifically for these children of God.  I don't think I could even begin to write down all the things I have learnt this past year, and to think I still have 6 more months of learning to do! 

It is just a great comfort to know that I may not have a tag on my shirt/cardigan whatever when I get home, but I will always and forever have one in my heart. I love being a missionary, especially here on Temple Square, where the spirit is always so abundant and bright! 

Please know, if nothing else about me, that I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ lives, and loves us all so much and so individually, that he atoned individually and one by one for every one of us. That Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, that the First Vision really happened and he was called as a prophet of God, just like Abraham, Noah, Samuel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Moses, etc. and what an amazing thing that is that we have a living prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and truly a record of ancient people here in the Americas, it changes lives and answers questions of the soul. The Temple is the House of the Lord and a place we an feel home, no matter where "home" might really be. I can't even begin to express my love for the gospel and the way that not only the gospel, but even just my mission has changed my life. 

I love you all, sorry it's no long email like the old days, Outbound changed my email style, haha. 
Plus I might have something wrong with my hand so I don't want to type too much. It will all work out. 

Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment