Transfer 11 Week 3

I don't know where to begin with this past week but it was crazy, so full of events, lessons, new people to teach, exciting things happening with our investigators, it was just amazing!

Last Friday we as a mission has the special privilege of going to Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral in the Salt Lake Tabernacle. 
We got there really early and it was incredible to see all the people piling into the Tabernacle. 
They started to bring in Elder Boyd K. Packer, Elder Richard G. Scott and Elder Robert D. Hales, they looked good considering their current situations with their health, everyone was there and it was so touching to see them come together to celebrate a wonderful mans life. When they brought in the coffin and his family came in my heart was about torn out, just seeing the amazement of how many people were there and all the cameras pointing in their faces. 
It was so hard to hold back my own tears because until this point it didn't feel real that Elder Perry had passed away, even though we saw it on Mormon Newsroom just an hour after it happened. 
The talks given by Elder Russell M. Nelson and Elder Dallin H. Oaks, were so touching and revelatory. This might sound weird, but everyone should watch it, there was so many amazing things said, I certainly gained a lot, especially when Elder Nelson talked about what Elder Perry had said about partaking of the sacrament. 
It was so amazing to see the reactions of their faces when mentioned in the stories of Elder Perry's life, the love they had for their dear friend. I can't quiet put it in words, but the spirit was so strong and the scripture I had read that morning came so vividly in my mind throughout the event. 
"Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die, and more especially for those that have not hope of a glorious resurrection. And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them... And again, it shall come to pass that he that hath faith in me to be healed, and is not appointed unto death, shall be healed." - Doctrine and Covenants 42:45-46,48
The Lord has a plan for us, it reminds me of Joseph Smith when he was in Liberty Jail when the Lord told him "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." (Doctrine and Covenants 122:9). Even the family said that his passing was unexpected, and if anyone has faith to be healed, it is an apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ. I know that his time had come and now he is laboring busy on the other side of the veil, he won't be bored anymore. He has a lot to do! I'm grateful for the beautiful Plan of Salvation made possible through the atonement of Jesus Christ, for the comfort it gives and the peace that we can find knowing that all is well. We will be with those we love forever when we see them again. 

We taught a lot of unexpected lessons this week, and we met some really amazing individuals, one is AJ who we met on chat and she is the sweetest thing! She has met with missionaries before and just moved to a new city, she knows the church is true, but was too scared to attend church for the first time. We talked with her about what it would be like and really developed a friendship in that chat, we called her the next day and she went to church and loved it! She met so many amazing people, learnt new things and will now be meeting with the missionaries! She met with them just yesterday and afterwards she texts us telling us how it was and also said "I think we have a baptismal date set!... 26th June!". 
It was such a testimony to me that as I said last week, the Lord is preparing people, I don't know if the missionaries that taught her in the past will ever know that she is getting baptized, and it was a nice reminder of the work we do as missionaries all over the world. On Temple Square we don't often see the end result, however it's moments like these, where I know that in every contact we are preparing them for the right time in their lives, and the right missionaries to come along so that they can really embrace the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. So that the missionaries that made a promise to find their friend before this life comes in contact with them when they have been prepared to receive the word. 

My faith has increased so much this transfer, changing our attitude and changing the attitude of the Zone and the District Leaders, it's amazing to see how many miracles we are seeing as we text out our #mimo's (Miracle Moments), seeing the Lords hand in all we do really has been really beautiful to see! 
I also see how my Patience is increasing as my transfer Christ-like attribute, it's interesting how when I'm focusing on it, I realize those moments that I need to improve that I wouldn't have seen before. 
It's great because it now gives me an opportunity to learn from that experience, repent and do better than the last time. I have so many scriptures in my planner about patience which has been a great reminder. 
Some of my favorites would have to be Proverbs 14:29, 1 Thessalonians 5:14, Mosiah 23:21 and Doctrine and Covenants 127:4.

I want to extend a HUGE Congratulations to Reece for being drafted into the Tampa Bay Rays yesterday (Major League Baseball)
We are so happy and excited for him and we know that he has worked so hard and done so much to get to the point. I was kinda... well... really freaking out of excitement as I do. I know this is the dream for him and now it is a reality. 
Reece, the Lord loves you so much and so proud of you! You have been given these talents for a reason and you're using them well. Keep putting him first, trust in Him, and there will be so many more blessings coming your way!
Thank-you for being an inspiration that dreams can come true with hard work and trust in the Lord. 

There was a lot of other amazing things that happened, but I will leave it at that...

I know this [missionary] work is the work of the Lord, I know that the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of God, to bring in the greatest dispensation of all time, and that this truly is Jesus Christ Restored Gospel on the earth today. It sometimes just hits me when I realize how truly blessed I am to have the fullness of the gospel in my life, to be a baptized member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, even if I don't understand it all! I still know it to be true with all I have. I'm grateful for my Savior Jess Christ and the love that he shows me every day, for his determination to help all of us come back into his light. I'm grateful to know with Him I am never alone and that He has the big picture of everything and I can trust in Him with all I have and I say/type these things in his name even Jesus Christ, amen. 

Love, Sister Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment