Transfer 12 Week 2


你好!我是Ryan姐妹,我来自澳大利亚!我爱中国人! 
(Hi! I'm Sister Ryan, from Australia! I love Chinese people!)
*they then applaud at my attempt to speak their language* 

This how we begin every tour, because every tour we take at the moment is in Mandarin, haha. I love having a Chinese companion, it is the best! Especially in the summer. We are always so exhausted with tour after tour it sometimes feels, but they are such incredible people, they are being prepared beyond belief to receive the gospel. Yesterday I was really struggling, I have been so tired lately that I feel like I could fall asleep standing up and take tours in my sleep. We were just taking a minute to hydrate, get some sugar into our systems (hi-chews!!!). A group of 27 Mandarin came and so I just knew that if I got back on the Square the Lord would provide a way for me to take an effective tour. 
The second I had that microphone in my hand I was wide awake, ready to save China. I really felt the power of the Atonement in that moment, I really understood the atonement on a different level! I was reading in Mormon this morning Mormon 32:26 says "And it came to pass that when they had fled we did pursue them with our armies, and did meet them again,and did beat them; nevertheless the strength of the Lord was not with us; yea, we were left to ourselves, that the Spirit of the Lord did not abide in us; therefore we had become weak like unto our brethren.". I got thinking about that and my experience yesterday, and I knew that it was only through the Atonement and the Spirit that I was able to participate in the tour the way I did, that I was given the strength to really testify and teach these people. I felt so much more sensitive to the Spirit, even catching a glimpse of what felt to be like heaven, of what it would like when China opens, groups of people sitting on church pews waiting eagerly to enter into the waters of baptism. For just a split second I saw them all in white with a new light in their eyes. It was hard to contain the emotions I had and not look like a crazy white girl who speaks terrible mandarin crying for what appeared to them no reason. But I testified of Christ and of God being a loving Heavenly Father and of the love they had for them, Their understanding of them individually, and soon enough I wasn't the only one with tears in my eyes. It was hands down the most amazing Mandarin tour I have ever been a part of!

We had a great week and if I saw anything this week, it's that the Lords hand is in everything. I know I have said that alot but honestly, it's probably one of the biggest things I have realized and gained testimony of on my mission. I have just been able to see how his timing and everything is so perfect, that things happen for a reason, if it be to meet someone, to learn a lesson, to help someone in need, whatever it be, the Lords hand is in it. We truly only have 1 piece of the puzzle and the puzzle has a million more pieces that we could ever even imagine. 

We went to Brighton Camp last week and it was so amazing! I loved it last year as well, it's a nice break from the summer craziness on Temple Square. Even though at the end of the day we were all exhausted! We did some team building games and zip-lining and the spiritual highlight of it all "Life Line". I did it last year so I knew what I was doing, still doesn't make it any easier as to the fact that you are blindfolded but as my mission is getting on, obviously post-mission things start to creep in and it's scary because this is the life we know now... it's weird to think that anything would ever be different to serving here on Temple Square. I have had fears as to if I have received the revelations God has given me correctly and different things, but I received the most calming reassurance in this activity. I found my way through very quickly and when I was on the wrong path I was able to recognize it quickly and get back on track, back to the course Heavenly Father has in store for me, I really learned that as long as I am faithful, keeping the commandments and always putting the Lord first, everything will be okay. He will not let me fail and he will always warn me if I am not on the right path. I have no need to fear what will happen afterwards, just have faith and hope, trusting in Gods promises and the things that he has already made known to me, that everything will be okay. "The future is as bright as your faith" has easily become one of my favourite quotes that I try so hard to live by. But the more time that passes, the more faith I am developing and the brighter I see my future becoming. 

The lessons you learn as a servant of the Lord! I am so grateful for it! I love the gospel, I know it is true with all I have, I know that God has a plan for each of us and is entirely aware of who we are, who we are becoming and how we can become something even greater! 
The Book of Mormon truly does answers questions of the heart, even those prayers that are said with and without words. I know my Savior lives and His Atonement is so much more real than any of us can comprehend right at this moment, it truly gives us both physical and spiritual strength that we can always trust in. 

谢谢! 我爱你! 
(Thankyou, I love you!)

Love, Ryan Jeimei! 

No comments:

Post a Comment