Transfer 11 Week 5


Hi Everyone! 

This past week has been great, a bit of a roller coaster but great none the less.

Last Wednesday for P-day we went up to do the Living Room Hike, with some of the Sisters in our Zone, it was so much fun. 
It was REALLY hot! So it took us longer and we didn't make it to the peak in time, but we got to a pretty good look out. It was so much fun, we all had a great time.

Tonight we are going exploring and then to a Baseball game which I am so excited for!

This past week we have really been able to see how the Lord's plans are not always our plans. As we have set goals with faith we have been able to see them be achieved. Knowing that the goals we have were what the Lord knew we could do. 
Just yesterday we had plans for 5 lessons, as we all know people don't always pick up the phone or plans change, and so we weren't able to have all the lessons with the people planned, but we still reached and in one way exceeded our goals!
We found 4 new investigators yesterday! I think that is the most I have ever found in one day on my entire mission. One of them is even from England in the same mission where Sister Orndal is from. We are really excited to teach him. 
They are all so excited to read the Book of Mormon and to go to church and meet with missionaries in their own areas. We do not know what his plans are, but as we follow the spirit and walk by faith, giving our will to Him and trusting Him miracles happen!

It was exactly what I needed, as this past week was a little hard for me. Before my mission I was told that I had perfectionism. Something that needed to be sorted out otherwise my mission would be very hard.
I now really understand why. This past week it all came back, and looking back on it right now, I know that it was the opposition trying to get my mind off the work and weaken my faith. 

We have been taking so many amazing tours, so many incredible and spiritual experiences, having those moments and those connections where you see the longing in their eyes for the truth we hold in our hands, that we are so ready to share and to give so they can have it for themselves, but nothing. No one has been wanting to keep in contact and to learn more at this time. 
I felt like the Lord of the Vineyard in Jacob 5:49 "What could I have done more for my vineyard?".  I started to feel like I wasn't successful, that I must have been doing something wrong. It really got to me one night at dinner and I knew I needed to open Preach My Gospel and read "A Successful Missionary". I tell you... this section is so inspired and it is exactly what I needed to hear in my moment of trial.

"Your success as a missionary is measured primarily by your commitment to find, teach, baptize, and confirm people and to help them become faithful members of the Church who enjoy the presence of the Holy Ghost... Some may not accept your message even when they have received a spiritual witness that it is true. You will be saddened because you love them and desire their salvation. You should not, however, become discouraged; discouragement will weaken your faith."

In that moment I knew the Lord was calling me to repentance. I had forgotten that this was not my work, that this is His work and He is more than capable of doing it himself (2 Nephi 27:21). 
When they reject this message, they are not rejecting me, they are rejecting Christ. He is more than worth being rejected! Just like Acts 5:41-42. 

Sometimes we need these little wake up calls, to be reminded of what we already know. I feel so blessed and honoured that the Lord trust's me enough to be an instrument in His hands. I do not know everything, but I know that he loves each of us (1 Nephi 11:17), that he has a plan and that it will all come together to fulfill his eternal purposes. We may not understand why things happen the way they do, but I know that He has it all figured out, and all of this is a learning experience, an opportunity to use and understand the Atonement more fully in our lives. He really is in the details. I know that the people who had those spiritual experiences on Temple Square will one day embrace the gospel in their lives. Right now is not their time, they are waiting for the one that promised them before this life to find them and help them come unto Christ. I know that when we really let the Lord use us the way He needs to, we will see miracles like we did yesterday. That we will not be able to say the smallest part of which we feel (Alma 26:15-16). This truly is the Lords work! I have a fresh renewed and strengthened testimony of that and with the Lord on our side, we can not and we will not fail!

I love the gospel so much, and I know it has been restored in it's fullness on the earth today, through a living prophet, the Book of Mormon is physical evidence of this and can help us and change our lives if we let it, I love being a missionary, even in the times it gets hard. The hard times are nothing compare to the growth and learning to gain from it and from the miracles you see after the trial of our faith (Ether 12). I am so happy and blessed that I get to declare my testimony at the Mountain of the Lord.

Missionary work is the greatest work out there! I promise you, like I promise that the Book of Mormon is true! 

Love you all, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment