Transfer 12 Week 1


A lot happened this past week! Wheeler Historic Farm, 4th of July, Transfers, Miracles! Really exciting week!


Last p-day I did something I never thought I would do on my mission and that is, to milk a cow. It was a weird but really awesome experience, I realized my inner country, it's so funny, as a young girl I always wanted to be a city girl, the older I have gotten, the more I realize I am such a county girl! hahaha. I also had a goat fall in love with me, saw some pigs, and horses... It was a lot of fun, really hot! but so much fun, we came home just smelling like animal, it reminded me of when as a kid we would get our milk fresh off the farm, somethings you never forget!

4th of July of course is a huge thing here! Here in Utah it's still not as big as Pioneer day (July 24th, the day the Pioneers entered into the Salt Lake Valley and said "This is the right place"), but it was still a big thing! Just like last year we had a 4th of July BBQ with jdawgs (delicious!). Everyone dressed in red white and blue! Having a companion from England that day is interesting, because it's all about becoming independent from the Queen. So whenever any one gave her a hard time she would say she was celebrating the day England got rid of the rebels, haha. Saying "God Save the Queen" all day. It was funny. But amidst all of that, I really love the 4th of July, it goes so much deeper than the Declaration of Independence for me. It is fulfillment of prophecy, it is the means to setting the stage for religious freedom so that the Restoration could happen. God has everything perfectly planned out, he knows what needs to happen, even if doesn't make sense at the time. 

"The Declaration of Independence to which these great men affixed their signatures is much more than a political document. It constitutes a spiritual manifesto—revelation, if you will—declaring not for this nation only, but for all nations, the source of man’s rights. Nephi, a Book of Mormon prophet, foresaw over 2,300 years ago that this event would transpire. The colonies he saw would break with Great Britain and that “the power of the Lord was with [the colonists],” that they “were delivered by the power of God out of the hands of all other nations.” ( 1 Ne. 13:16, 19.)" - Ezra Taft Benson (Our Priceless Heritage, 1976) 

The same day we saw many miracles, I have never seen so many people have a desire to learn more in the Beehive House, it's amazing to see the power of the Book of Mormon there, that truly is our most effective tool in teaching the gospel! A while ago the day of the Women session of General Conference, that there was a lady who was paying to see me, that found me and it was my boyfriend's-friend's-from-the-mission Mum. She was looking for me again and someone told her that I was at the Beehive House. They came as a family and brought another family with them who were not members of the church. We took a tour and it was a pretty average tour, but at the end she was interested in learning more about the Book of Mormon and wanted someone to help her understand what she was reading. She then became our new investigator! It was so amazing, it's incredible to see who the Lord will place in our lives at certain times and places so that these miracles can come to pass. 

We have seen many more, all because of the Book of Mormon, so many people having that desire to have the things we are sharing with them, they feel the spirit testify of the truth of these things, they recognize that reality of Christ ministry in not only Jerusalem, but in the Americas. It's amazing to see hearts changed and softened, to understand how much this really means to people and they are only just beginning! 

I have learned so much this past transfer, but I think the two main things being, that there is power, real power in the Book of Mormon and that Gods Plan is always much greater than our plans. I have seen it happen over and over again these past 6 weeks and I am excited to learn the new lessons he has is store for me this coming transfer. I know this transfer like always, I will spend a lot of time on my knees, I need Heavenly Fathers help more than ever at the moment and I am excited to really draw so much closer to Him and also to Jesus Christ through that. 

Speaking of new transfers that means I have a new companion and assignment! I am sadly no longer in the Beehive House and with Sister Orndal, but I have been assigned to serve at Welfare Square! (I don't know too much about it right now, more information to come!) but I also have a new companion SISTER CHEN from AUSTRALIA/CHINA!, it's so exciting because I never thought we would be companions, I never thought I would have an Australian companion, we have been friends ever since she got to the mission, we will be super busy this transfer with all the Mandarin Motorcoaches that come! WE WILL SAVE CHINA! I'm excited to learn even more Mandarin from the last time I had a Mandrarin Speaking companion.

I don't know too much about our new assignment, but I am so excited about what I have heard. I really feel like it's going to be such a testimony building experience. I was talking with a woman from Oregon and she was talking about how she lives near the churches pear farm and how they go and pick all the pears, she shared experiences and reflections about how amazing it is to serve in that way. I really got thinking about how many people are truly blessed and benefited by the Welfare Program of the church and every time I think about it, it's hard for me to hold back tears, it has a very special place in my heart and I feel like I am going to learn so much more about it. I am excited to serve in this way and to be a part of it all. 

Well folks, that's all for today!
Wo Ai Ni! (I love you in Mandrain) 

Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment