Transfer 11 Week 6


Well, this is weird, it's the last week of the transfer! 

Last P-day was easily the best P-day of my mission! We left for the Beehive at 9 am and didn't get home until around 9:30
We took about 4 tours in the Beehive and then emailed and then the fun began! First stop we went to the U (a big U on the mountain side for the University of Utah "Utes"), we were going to hike it the week before and realized it's not a hike at all (that's why we did the other one), so we walked in the sun, skirts and all, haha. It was super awesome to be up there though! I can now say that I have been to the "U". (Sorry BYU Fans... I don't pick sides, I promise). 
Next stop was to the Gilgal Gardens. Gilgal means "a circle of sacred stones". It's a rock garden full of abstract sculptures/rock engravings centered on the gospel/scriptures/hymns. It was really awesome! So much detail, symbolism and so much to look at! It was made by a Bishop in the 50's and it's like a hidden gem in the city, not too far from Temple Square. There is stuff to do with prophecies in the Old Testament, there is stuff from the Book of Mormon, there is a "Monument to the Priesthood" that consists of an arch, 4 books resting on a stone (representing the standard works, resting on the Rock of Revelation) and a spire.  There is so much symbolism that goes behind it, it was super awesome! I was so happy that they had little pamphlets to helps us know what everything was. Even though some of the stuff was a little abstract and creepy, it was still a spiritual experience, to see how much the gospel meant to this man. 
Then we went up to the State Capitol, I love Utah so much! No other place would you have a prophet of God (Brigham Young) be such a huge part of making Utah from a Territory to a State, they have these beautiful murals inside that consist of stories about the pioneers and relations with the Indians, etc. So awesome, it was also really nice to escape the sun. It's been so hot here lately! I had no idea how much history, both American and Church history I was going to learn on my mission.
Then eventually 6pm came around and it was time for my American dream to be fulfilled. I was going to a live baseball game! I won't lie, felt a little odd in a skirt and being a missionary at a Baseball game, but it was such a cool experience! It was the Salt Lake Bee's playing the Las Vagas 51's. I realized that I knew a lot more about Baseball than I thought! We didn't get to watch the whole game but it was still so much fun and we found out later that the Bee's won! YAY! 

We spoke in a ward last Sunday in Brighton, and that was a lot of fun, they loved our talks and were so grateful to have us in their ward. Our topics we're Faith and Action (Sister Stussi), Conversion (Sister Orndal), Enduring to the End (Sister Wardinsky), and Missionary Work (me). It was so amazing to be in a family ward again! It's funny how we can take these huge tours of so many people around Temple Square but speaking in a ward is still absolutely terrifying, haha. 

This week we have met a lot of amazing people, we are teaching a lot of people as well at the moment that are really progressing in the gospel! They all really feel that the Book of Mormon is true, or they are so close to getting to that point. They want to live the gospel in their lives, they see the difference church and prayer makes in their week, their testimonies are so strong of the things they do know! It's so amazing to see peoples faith increase as they read the Book of Mormon, and live the gospel, it really is so powerful! These people really want to give everything they have to have this be a part of their lives. Like King Lamoni's father in Alma 22. 

I have been reading in 3 Nephi recently, and wow. The Spirit just testifies every verse of the truthfulness of these things, not only that the doctrines and principles are true, but that this is a true record of real people who had one-on-one experiences with the Savior. Who saw him and touched the prints of the nails in his hands and feet. I love to put myself in their shoes and imagine him teaching me the way he did them, hearing him pray for me, seeing him smile, and even weep, to see angels minister, and to be counted as one with such great faith to see all these things happen. The Spirit has taught me so much while studying, I have received so many answers to questions that I had. So many little realizations of how everything comes together and how everything truly does come back to Jesus Christ and how everything we have is made possible through him. 

I feel like I don't have much to say as the weeks keep going by so quickly! So much happens every day it's hard to decide what to write about. 
I love being a missionary here on Temple Square (even if it's boiling hot out there), I love taking motorcoaches, I love talking to people in historic sites, I love testifying of living prophets in a prophets home, I love serving the Sisters in my zone, I love serving the Lord and helping my Brothers and Sisters come unto Christ through sharing the Book of Mormon and our unique message to the world. 
 
Time flies when you're having fun right?!

Thank-you all for all you do!

Love, Sister Ryan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment