Transfer 13 Week 1

It has come and I can't believe it, my Thirteenth transfer... the last one... where did my mission go? I feel like time has flown by so quickly, but I know that I am certainly not the same person I was. 

With a new transfer it means new companions and assignments! My new companion is from the real life paradise of Hawaii, Sister Bulaoat (pronounced Bulla-what!). 
I have learned so much from her already, we are super excited for this transfer! I am sadly no longer at Welfare Square but back in Guest Services! Which I am super happy about! It's one of my favourite assignments on Temple Square. 

This past week has changed my life, I feel like I have learned and grown so much closer to the Lord and as every day passes I become more spiritually sensitive to the gentle and almost silent promptings of the Spirit. 
I feel like Nephi who had no idea what he was doing, but was just following the Spirit! 

I saw a man with a shirt yesterday that said "I GOT THIS - GOD (Proverbs 3:5)" and I feel like all week the Lord has been screaming at me through different things that I really need to do as Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.".  I think sometimes we forget to do this, this week I have received the reality check that I can't afford NOT to do this. 

I feel like Heavenly Father has been giving me a little peice of the puzzle at a time and it's not until I look back and really see his hand in helping me figure out what on earth is going on! On Sunday we went to Music and the Spoken work and there was a guest singer that sung "Abide with Me". I didn't know the song very well until that day when I fell in love with it and it has been such a source of comfort as I have sung it gently to my self or in my heart, the lyrics have surely touched my heart and helped me understand my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ as it goes: 

"1. Abide with me! fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens. Lord, with me abide!
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me!

2. Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day.
Earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away.
Change and decay in all around I see;
O thou who changest not, abide with me!

3. I need thy presence ev'ry passing hour.
What but thy grace can foil the tempter's pow'r?
Who, like thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Thru cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me!

I felt the need to study the scriptures that went along with this hymn, they are also found in Preach My Gospel as we study about the Power and Authority of our calling as missionaries.
I can honestly say it changed me, I have read this chapter many times, not understanding what was going on or what the Savior was trying to teach in John 15. As I studied I came to understand how we truly do have to abide in the Savior, he is the vine and we are the branches, the only way the branches receive their strength is through the vine, it is the only way it can be done. We must always be applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ into our lives and by doing so having a great abundance of the Spirit.  

We have seen many miracles and met amazing people this past week! I met a man names Bruce who just wanted to know about the history of the Tabernacle and somehow it turned into me teaching the Restoration, he was agreeing with everything I said about apostasy and a need for a Restoration, he desired to have a copy of the Book of Mormon, there was none in the Tabernacle and so we went to West Gate to get one. He asked me to sign the Book of Mormon for him and he was so excited to keep in contact! He then unexpectantly gave me a big hug and I was just in shock, hahaha. But he was so grateful. I bore my testimony and he is so excited to read it and know it comes from God. 

Then yesterday Sister Bulaoat and I took our first tour together, with about 3 individual groups that had come together, one was a baptist group helping build a church in Odgen and the others were just guest from California and Utah. We set the expectation and did and awesome How to Begin Teaching! We applied AMPED (that I mentioned a few weeks ago) and it was awesome! At the end they had some CRAZY questions, but it all came back to the Book of Mormon and being able to teach them about it and how it can bring them even closer to Christ. One of the ladies told me that her parents are members but she didn't grow up at all in the church. But because of the tour felt inspired to get her Dads Book of Mormon out and even asked her husband if they could start reading it together. She then continued to tell us that her family was converted in Denmark and helped build and establish Utah! She talked about the closeness she felt to this place and how it was so lovely to be here and see what they did. Isn't Heavenly Father's plan just perfect?! 

I love this work and it's amazing how much closer to the Lord we really do get as we serve him. I am so grateful to be His missionary and to bring the world His truth, literally doing that on Temple Square and it's such a huge blessing! 
The best thing is, the missionary work never stops and how wonderful that is to know! We will forever be disciples of Jesus Christ!

Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment