Transfer 13 Week 4


I really feel like these weeks are just getting faster and faster and all I want to do is say "SLOW DOWN". P-day has rolled around again and this week has been crazier than usual, I thought by week 4 it would start slowing down and I was sorely mistaken, haha. 

However little Square time we have had looking after other things, I have truly seen how the Lord provides. Which gives me great comfort in knowing it won't be any different when I get home. As long as I remain faithful and live the path that has been lighted by the Lord, His prophets, the scriptures and just keep the commandments, everything is going to work out. The Lord has placed people in our path that have just been constant answers to my prayers. We met a guy who went through a similar thing to what I am going through at the end of his mission and he just testified how everything just worked out so much more perfectly than he ever could have imagined. He said "take some advice from your own country, 'don't worry mate, she'll be right!". Hahaha. 

Sometimes with all the extra little things we have been doing it sometimes appears to be taking away from the work. But now I know that we were exactly where we needed to be, and that is why the Lord has provided so many wonderful miracles! 

On Wednesday we got taken away from our studies to help a Sister who had a lot going on, we went down to the Square, my companion was with her companion and then I was with my companions trainee and it was all just rather confusing! But we made the most of it and just contacted everyone we could at the desk assignment we had in the North Visitor Center. Then I met Lucie and January 2 of the 27,000 people here for the DoTERRA convention. January is a member and she brought Lucie who really has come to know Christ just this past year. We were at the Jerusalem Map and talking about Jesus Christ and everything that he went through while performing the Atonement. I can't even remember how but we started to then talk about the Book of Mormon and I shared with her 3 Nephi 11 (my favourite to share with guest on the Square). By the end of the conversation we were all in tears... she was so overcome with the Spirit and power of the Book of Mormon and was truly touched as she read the verses along with me. I asked her what she would do if she had an experience like the Nephites did and she just said she would just fall to her knees and cry at His feet asking for forgiveness. I told her that through the Book of Mormon she could spiritually do exactly that, to touch the prints of the nails in His hands and feet. I then asked her if she would let me give her a copy of this most powerful and precious book and she felt so privileged saying "I can have one of those?". She asked me to sign it for her and wrote my testimony on how she can know it too be true. I grabbed some pamphlets and shared more about the apostasy and restoration and it just made sense to her. It's amazing the connections you feel with people when you share with them the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it is truly just amazing! Those moments when you really feel the immense love that God has for His children and His desire for them to know that the truthfulness of the gospel has been restored on the earth again today. 

We had a hectic day with talking to Sisters and delivering ice-cream (I felt like a visiting teacher, it was so awesome). Meeting with the Assistants to the President, guest services, more talking with Sisters, not having dinner, taking a Flag Pole tour and then we met another miracle at the Statue of Christ! They were listening the whole time we were talking with our tour, the tour we had wasn't too great but we then approached these other people when we were finished up.

Again, thank-you DoTERRA! We met a couple and they had a member friend with them. Her husband wasn't there for the whole thing so we mainly talked to the wife and friend (the friend had Hawaiian connections with Sister Bulaoat). We talked about the gospel casually with them, just conversation about religion and what she believes, her personal experiences, clearing up some things that we believe about the Temple etc. She is more than willing to learn (Gina), she was very open and just really appreciated our kindness and love. It was just amazing to see how at the end of the day, the only time we had on the square together, the Lord provided a way that we could truly fulfill our purpose! 

Those are just two experiences of the many we have had. We had a lady in a group of 6 who came up to me and just said "My daughter passed away over a year ago and I have never been able to cry about it, no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't, but now I finally can." as a tear streamed down her cheek, she said "I see God in your eyes" and she just wanted to desperately to learn more about the Temple and how she could be sealed to her family. It was so precious, there are no words to describe how you feel in those moments and how you know that the Spirit is just taking over because Sister Ryan by herself would not know what exactly to say to comfort her heart. 

This work is so amazing and I'm grateful that it never ends, even if my tag comes off, the work is never finished! My testimony is constantly increasing of the truthfulness of the Restored Gospel, there is no logical way that any of this could be false, it 100% all comes from on High. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that the fullness of His teachings are on the earth today because God is the same yesterday, today and forever and God calls prophets. That prophet of this last dispensation was Joseph Smith and I know that he saw God and Jesus Christ, that he translated the Book of Mormon and that it contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel, it is the tool of the Gathering of Isreal, it is the greatest tool we have in the work the Lord has called us to do! 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Ryan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment