Transfer 13 Week 3


Hi Everyone!

This week has been so jammed  packed with miracles, last Friday there was a lady from Australia looking for me to give me a referral, apparently she gave it to another Sister, but I never received it. She knew there was a Sister from Ballarat and wanted to give it to me because the referral she has lives in my ward boundaries.

It was my P-day when she came and so I didn't meet her. However, on Sunday we were getting something for another Sister and was in a bit of a hurry but I saw a lady sitting on the planters and I had the strongest feeling I needed to talk with her. I asked her where she was from and she said "Victoria" in her very think and strong Australian accent. Immediately I knew it must have been her, and I asked if she was Heather and she was! We got talking and she gave us the referral, I was so excited she told us that he is expecting our call and is excited to learn more. She said that she sat down because her knee was hurting and after we had finished talking the pain in her knee went away. Heavenly Father creates the BEST miracles so that we can meet those we need to meet.
We called Brian the next day and he was just about to shoot out for an errand and asked us to call back tomorrow and that we did! We had a great conversation, talking about the Restoration and prophets and before we even got to the Book of Mormon, we invited him to be baptized and he said yes! We invited him to go to church and he is willing to drive an hour to church for sacrament meeting, drive back home to drive another hour to go to work the same day! He is committed, he really wants this and he wants to read the Book of Mormon, he has seen what the church has done for people and how it has changed them and he just wants to be a good faithful person and is ready to make that covenant of baptism. The craziest thing about all of this, he will get baptized either just before or after I get home.
I only just realized this past week that not only has my family been so blessed by me coming on a mission, but so has my ward! My little ward hasn't seen any success with convert baptisms in years and all of a sudden there have been so many that have happened in this past 18 months while I have been on my mission and I hope that it continues to be this way! It's so exciting to see the hastening of the Lords work and it strikes a special string in my heart when I see it happening in Australia.

We have been seeing a lot of miracles over chat recently as well which we are excited to see how all of that goes, so be ready for the continuations of stories when we have our return appointment with them!

The Spirit is so amazing, so much is possible when you just follow the promptings you receive, I can't imagine what would happen if I didn't listen to some of the promptings we have from the Spirit. I'm not perfect, but I do my best and I have really been praying to be more spiritually sensitive to those around me, and we are seeing so many miracles because of it. Meeting people that are looking for us, meeting people who are going through similar things and need to know how we overcame it, just knowing when to talk to another Sister Missionary, knowing what questions to ask, what to testify of, to know if someone is from China or Korea!... whatever it might be. The Spirit is key! and I know it's not just on my mission that this applies. In our LDSBC class we have (as departing sisters), it's amazing to see how the Spirit is so important in everything we do and how it will help us in work, school, parenting, everything that comes after the mission.
They say that the mission is the preparation for the rest of your life and I believe it. It's where we learn to become more like the Saviour, to listen to the promptings of the spirit, to study, to know how important a Christ centered home is, to know about the sacredness of the Temple, in loving others that are unkind to us, in just being all around better people, to be successful in anything that we do!

It has been so crucial to me as I feel like my whole life has changed even in just a matter of weeks, I'm just happy to know that the Saviour is on my side and that the gospel is truly in every part of our lives and I love it that way!
We're not always going to be perfectly happy, and even with the gospel we have hard days, but we can have peace knowing that all is well and that the Lord will never lead us astray, that as we follow the Spirit, keep the commandments that we will always be on the right path, we never have to fear. Just always work on constant improvement and learning.

I love my mission so much and I am grateful for everything it has taught me, for the relationship I have developed with my Savior and the application of the Atonement that I would have never had, if I had not come on my mission. I'm grateful for my companions, for my investigators and every Chinese person I meet on Temple Square! I'm grateful for the hymns that I sing in my heart each day and to make the most of this last transfer and truly finish strong!

I love you all, hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Ryan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment